Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

gear not engaging; 2012 A6 3.0T tiptronic

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by miahshodan
isn't mechatronic only for s-tronic? mine is the 8 speed tiptronic automatic.
pretty certain the ZF transmission also has the mechatronic valve.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are right, there is a mechatronic in the ZF tiptronic and it is either bad or the sensor inside is dirty. my car has a rebuilt title so the dealership won't work on it, but they did tell me that was likely the problem.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

There maybe differences in transmission specs according to which country the OP lives in. He didn’t post location so the spec could be for Outer Mongolia where gear shifts are supposed to clunk!
Old 02-01-2019, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
There maybe differences in transmission specs according to which country the OP lives in. He didn’t post location so the spec could be for Outer Mongolia where gear shifts are supposed to clunk!
Not the "where do you live" post again... I was just waiting for @DB22 to add this... Lol.

As for the OP, get the vehicle to an indy mechanic At the very least you'll need to change the tranny fluid and filter and while at it, inspect the mech unit and possibly replace it.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by raj99
Not the "where do you live" post again... I was just waiting for @DB22 to add this... Lol.

As for the OP, get the vehicle to an indy mechanic At the very least you'll need to change the tranny fluid and filter and while at it, inspect the mech unit and possibly replace it.
I am waiting for the administrators to parse the information from the member information and put it under the logon name so that readers have a clue about the different versions of cars that are sold to a world wide market. Obviously, some posters don’t realize the value of location but I would expect the moderators, hosts and administrators to. Even “tech gurus” don’t get it yet alone the people that get paid to.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

.... so that readers have a clue about the different versions of cars that are sold to a world wide market....
So what exactly is the value of this, other than data integration Furthermore there's no QA on the data, since it's user supplied.

If you want info on different versions of the cars offered... Those are quite readily available in each country specific product brochure by model.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by raj99
So what exactly is the value of this, other than data integration Furthermore there's no QA on the data, since it's user supplied.

If you want info on different versions of the cars offered... Those are quite readily available in each country specific product brochure by model.
I just been checking every countries versions of the Audi A6 and I should be done by next week. Of course, it would save me looking up Every country if the user posted a specific location.
You obviously don’t understand the value of location as you don’t post it but the others who understand that there are numerous versions of the “same” car then location is very important to understand the poster and it helps the respondents to consider the variations that occur in other locations than their own.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I just been checking every countries versions of the Audi A6 and I should be done by next week. Of course, it would save me looking up Every country if the user posted a specific location.
You obviously don’t understand the value of location as you don’t post it but the others who understand that there are numerous versions of the “same” car then location is very important to understand the poster and it helps the respondents to consider the variations that occur in other locations than their own.

So your cross-referencing every Audi produced by a geo and then providing what exactly? Simply knowing that an Audi is produced or sold in country X without the knowledge or access to information to advise on fixing it, is of minor value.

I don't post location info in my header....but everyone on this forum who's known me would take very little effort to figure out where I'm located. I wish you best of luck with your data cross-reference.

As for product info, this is pretty useful: https://www.audiworld.com/model/index.html
Old 02-04-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a US model. I live in Utah. Here every 3.0T Quattro is ZF 8 speed tiptronic. I took the card to the dealership and they suspect the mechatronic, but won't continute to diagnose or fix it because the card has a rebuilt title and evidently company policy does not allow them to work on those
Old 02-04-2019, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by miahshodan
This is a US model. I live in Utah. Here every 3.0T Quattro is ZF 8 speed tiptronic. I took the card to the dealership and they suspect the mechatronic, but won't continute to diagnose or fix it because the card has a rebuilt title and evidently company policy does not allow them to work on those
Get your vehicle to a good independent VW/Audi garage and have them replace or possibly rebuild the mechatronic system.

Quick Reply: gear not engaging; 2012 A6 3.0T tiptronic