Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

I think I’ve finally found “The One”

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should know that VAG doesn't typically use valve cover gaskets but rather seals - and that it is a giant pain in the butt to do due to the plethora of crap you have to remove, including (and 3.0 TFSI folks - please correct me if I am wrong) the supercharger.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car I have now has a similar roots style supercharger and they really aren’t that bad to remove. Maybe these are more difficult? However, on mine, I wouldn’t have to remove the whole supercharger to pull the valve covers. On these you do?

Last edited by Sinderblock; 02-06-2019 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a valve cover replaced on my A6 3.0T and they did not have to remove the supercharger. It was a relatively cheap procedure. With regard to removing supercharger, my car was in the shop for a temp sensor failure which is located under the supercharger. It was a massive labor cost to remove the supercharger, something like $1K in labor alone. It was a warranty repair so maybe they took advantage of that.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1k to pull that SC is nuts. It probably takes an hour tops. But...I understand they’re tryjng to make their money.

Heres a question I have that might be easy for someone to give me: can someone tell me the ground clearance between the bottom of the front bumper and the ground? Online I found 4.6 and I just want to verify. My driveway has a bit of an incline and can scrape on some lower cars. I’d HATE to drive this car 7 hours back home, only to have it not fit in my driveway. 🙄

I feel like some of my questions have been so...nit-pickey, but I just want to cover all my bases. The on lady’s been super cool about me getting this, I’d just hate to get it and there be some stone left unturned that leaves us hemorrhaging money.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinderblock
1k to pull that SC is nuts. It probably takes an hour tops. But...I understand they’re tryjng to make their money.

Heres a question I have that might be easy for someone to give me: can someone tell me the ground clearance between the bottom of the front bumper and the ground? Online I found 4.6 and I just want to verify. My driveway has a bit of an incline and can scrape on some lower cars. I’d HATE to drive this car 7 hours back home, only to have it not fit in my driveway. 🙄

I feel like some of my questions have been so...nit-pickey, but I just want to cover all my bases. The on lady’s been super cool about me getting this, I’d just hate to get it and there be some stone left unturned that leaves us hemorrhaging money.
works great, might solve your problem
https://www.bridjit.com/?gclid=EAIaI...SAAEgJ4mPD_BwE
Old 02-11-2019, 07:12 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinderblock

If you can't drive it straight onto the incline, approach it at an angle a wheel-at-a-time. 🧐