A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Basic 2.8 Engine Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really... complaining about 170 dollar parts?

you own the wrong car buddy....
Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zedo
Thanks! Anyone have any suggestions on crankcase breather replacement? I see this one http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C5_A6-....8L/ES2215417/ - on sale right now. Blauparts has a more complete kit with evap valve for like $170... ugh.
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/61...tion-pump.html

this will help!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! Anyone have any suggestions on crankcase breather replacement? I see this one http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C5_A6-....8L/ES2215417/ - on sale right now. Blauparts has a more complete kit with evap valve for like $170... ugh.
someone said the breather hose from esctuning has clip issue, it just don't hold the crankcase firmly. I cann't remember who exactly report it but I ordered the geniune audi part from online dealer @$87. It marked OES from the package that's why I believe the one I get from dealer is actually the same of esctuning. good luck
Old 07-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lucio_liu
someone said the breather hose from esctuning has clip issue, it just don't hold the crankcase firmly. I cann't remember who exactly report it but I ordered the geniune audi part from online dealer @$87. It marked OES from the package that's why I believe the one I get from dealer is actually the same of esctuning. good luck
Thanks so much to the unhelpful people commenting about money. Your input on my financial choices is really appreciated and a pleasant addition to this forum.

As for the original question...

I got the esctuning tuning kit and installed it today. It seemed very similar to the OEM one, IE rather flimsy, but I also don't have another point of reference to compare. It seemed to fit ok, almost exactly as OEM, and it didn't look like the clips were any weaker than the OEM but I'll keep an eye on them over time I guess! The old hoses literally disintegrated when I took them out! Man! Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 07-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lucio_liu
Thanks!
Old 07-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lastly... I finally found a PDF with a basic engine diagram (page 14). Good for newbies like me.

http://xyrotr1.com/etka/B5/1%20engine,%20clutch.pdf
Old 07-02-2013, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks so much to the unhelpful people commenting about money. Your input on my financial choices is really appreciated and a pleasant addition to this forum.

I got the esctuning tuning kit and installed it today. It seemed very similar to the OEM one, IE rather flimsy, but I also don't have another point of reference to compare. It seemed to fit ok, almost exactly as OEM, and it didn't look like the clips were any weaker than the OEM but I'll keep an eye on them over time I guess! The old hoses literally disintegrated when I took them out! Man! Thanks for your thoughts!
Hahahahaha

I love this place

Not for the thin skinned
Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You have to forgive 2.7L Turbo. He is abrupt and harsh at times. Has become especially so after going all-electric with his Leaf

I kid, 2.7, we love you. Hang out some more with us.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

yeah, when I replaced mine the old hose was broken apart right away. it's totally a design fail of audi. The breather hose should be made in metal or thicker rubber
Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

lol miss you guys!

OP i honestly wasnt trying to be a jerk, but in my time owning my audi i was elated if a part was under 200 dollars lol.

compare that to my other halfs honda that had its entire AC system replaced for under 600 dollars....

Quick Reply: Basic 2.8 Engine Diagram