A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-06-2016, 11:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Center Console got wet and MMI problems now

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree shame you didnt take pictures of the procedure, i would then request a sticky of this post
Old 07-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Wow! Great info.

I might actually let my wife drink her coffee in my car now.
Great info. It cost my brother-in law a couple of grand when he spilled his drink.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update / Console Trim Info

Still no problems with the MMI a week after cleaning it. Sorry I didn't think to take pix. One notable followup though may be helpful to others:

One Hot Avant in his post on how to work on the console noted that the piece of trim above the ashtray was difficult to reinstall and that he had to have the dealer do it both times he had his apart.

I had the same problem and after half an hour tinkering with it decided that was the best option. Unfortunately, the closest dealer is over an hour away so after a week of driving around with it just sitting there loose I tried to take a fresh stab at it.

The solution, when I finally came upon it was embarrassingly simple, but it also revealed an unexpected danger in not having the trim in place, or breaking tabs to make it fit. The climate control module above it is actually held in by this piece of trim. With the trim out, you can simply slide the module out (herein lies the danger as the module may do this on its own during hard maneuvering). With the module partially removed, the trim easily fits up against the bottom and you slide the assembly forward until rewarded with a satisfying click.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by r1racer
I saw this yesterday, perfect timing. I found a used one in good condition for 200.00 in case they don't cover it. Thanks.
What would be the part number for the center console mmi?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 170 Likes on 149 Posts

Here are some P/Ns for MY 2006 (VIN dependent):

4F1–919–610–R, 4F1–919–611–G, and 4F1–919–611–N.

If you provide MY for your A6, I can list the correct P/N(s).
Old 01-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Funny thing is that the MMI started working all of a sudden. This was after the I had removed some of the fuses located in the trunk.

I've been out of a radio for 3 months now and in no way planning on taking it to the Audi Dealership. There are some sticky buttons (return and left arrow). Just dumbfounded on how the radio miraculously turned on after all this time.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reachingzen8
Funny thing is that the MMI started working all of a sudden. This was after the I had removed some of the fuses located in the trunk.

I've been out of a radio for 3 months now and in no way planning on taking it to the Audi Dealership. There are some sticky buttons (return and left arrow). Just dumbfounded on how the radio miraculously turned on after all this time.
May have been the problem all along? Have you cleaned the sticky switches with electronic cleaner?
Depending on the Audi dealer but..going to a very professional one can actually save you $$$$ in the long run and it well worth the drive to go to one if you don't trust the local shop, some things they're just better equipped to deal with.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sticky buttons and Satellite Radio Module?

You're absolutely right. I'm saving myself a lot of money by fixing the problem myself.

The mmi unit came on but no XM radio. I've been having problems with the trunk latch on my c6 and seems like one of those slam fests i've had trying to close it might have messed up the satellite module for xm.

Now my mmi doesnt turn on.

Would that be because of the open fiber loop at the satellite radio module?

I've researched this amazing forum and found lots of help on how to fix it. Simply put, I dont want to order a new sat module if that isn't going to fix the problem. I've had problems with sticky buttons but with some electrical cleaner now the buttons are "fixed".

Ahhhh the glory of owning a vehicle which at any given moment can squeeze your ***** and drain you of time and money. ( I DO LOVE AUDI though) regardless of the problems.

Originally Posted by mystrodo
May have been the problem all along? Have you cleaned the sticky switches with electronic cleaner?
Depending on the Audi dealer but..going to a very professional one can actually save you $$$$ in the long run and it well worth the drive to go to one if you don't trust the local shop, some things they're just better equipped to deal with.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhhh the glory of owning a vehicle which at any given moment can squeeze your ***** and drain you of time and money. ( I DO LOVE AUDI though) regardless of the problems.
Do you really think other manufacturer dealers service is much cheaper?

Audi's are generally very reliable even though they are at the top of the mark technically.. but on occation you need to plug it in to troubleshoot it properly..a good Audi tech is well worth finding..check you nearest Audi Club for help finding one but DIY'ing is certainly not out of the question.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You're absolutely right. I'm saving myself a lot of money by fixing the problem myself.

The mmi unit came on but no XM radio. I've been having problems with the trunk latch on my c6 and seems like one of those slam fests i've had trying to close it might have messed up the satellite module for xm.

Now my mmi doesnt turn on.

Would that be because of the open fiber loop at the satellite radio module?

I've researched this amazing forum and found lots of help on how to fix it. Simply put, I dont want to order a new sat module if that isn't going to fix the problem. I've had problems with sticky buttons but with some electrical cleaner now the buttons are "fixed".

You have to bypass the sat module

Quick Reply: Center Console got wet and MMI problems now