A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 04:15 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
I wouldnt say its a problem with forums, its a problem with humans in general, especially latelly where everybody feels like thay are personally called out if someone comments something that is not in line with their opinion.

And I never understood defending so vigorously ANY product, unless you are a sales guy and make commission on it. Hence the term fanboys. Not just in cars. Damn, people act like they are teenage girls at justin biebers concert.
Semantics. You don't have forums without humans. But I don't disagree with the rest of what you said. It's human nature to have push-back when someone says something negative about something they own and love. I'm okay with having pride in owning an Audi or two. I would fall into that category. But I'm also not brand loyal. I won't keep buying a brand just because that's what I own now. Who knows, I might just switch to a WRX for my next daily driver. The only thing I'm certain of is that it won't be an SUV of any brand LOL.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeru
Semantics. You don't have forums without humans. But I don't disagree with the rest of what you said. It's human nature to have push-back when someone says something negative about something they own and love. I'm okay with having pride in owning an Audi or two. I would fall into that category. But I'm also not brand loyal. I won't keep buying a brand just because that's what I own now. Who knows, I might just switch to a WRX for my next daily driver. The only thing I'm certain of is that it won't be an SUV of any brand LOL.
exactly, and I find it even funnier that people get offended with opinions of other owners of the brand, its not a bmw owner started saying "audi r sxit"

it comes from people that owned them for years, and multiple cars of same brand, and then you start having certain attitude about the brand. From personal experience, which is backed up by whole world.

But people here will blatantly say, Audis are great, reliable, cheap, whatnot. That is just pure bs. (under the condition you are a part time mechanic, have a garage, a hoist, full set of tools, preferably a buddy that is AUdi tech, etc)

yeah, they are great then. I said it before, I dont really care that is breaks all the time, its the fact that it takes my time and im without the car and need to take days off work and schedule my self to get the car fixed. Its not even about the money, its the annoyance factor.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 151 Likes on 135 Posts

Its not even about the money, its the annoyance factor.

Then why are you still driving one?
Old 04-27-2024, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sallad
Then why are you still driving one?
because at the end, I dumped money in it and want to get it back by using it, hence learned my lesson.
next big repair, its going to scrap most likelly or to another fanboy
Old 04-27-2024, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 151 Likes on 135 Posts

I get it, sucks to dump money into a car. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 335 Likes on 283 Posts

because at the end, I dumped money in it and want to get it back by using it, hence learned my lesson.
next big repair, its going to scrap most likelly or to another fanboy
At some point you are going to have to let the rolling bank breaker go "at lost" like I did. Letting my C6 A6 go was easier because I was worried about more money wasted on the C7 A7. Now that the pain of throwing my next 7 years of high rate loan through the windows has eased and that I have a reliable and dependable car to move me around, I need to find the courage to toss the A7 as well. Every time I analyze the situation, the conclusion is always "get rid of it, if you fix this, there will be that". But I don't feel comfortable selling the junk to anybody else because I know it's a sort of curse that will ruin the next owner's life even if they know what they are getting into. But it hurts to scrap such a perfectly looking car. I will eventually find the courage to let it go.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just like drunk driving.God bless them
Old 04-30-2024, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Instead of sharing personal struggles with strangers on Internet forums, perhaps it is time to discuss with a trusted professional who can help with such matters

https://cbtpsychology.com/warning-si...ng-psychopath/
Old 04-30-2024, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiAllTheWay
Instead of sharing personal struggles with strangers on Internet forums, perhaps it is time to discuss with a trusted professional who can help with such matters

https://cbtpsychology.com/warning-si...ng-psychopath/
bud, provide evidence on accusations you are posting, or leave. Why are you still writing?
The following users liked this post:
kelisko (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I provided the link in sincerity.

Avantly left because of your abusive behaviour and now you are again telling me to leave too. Several new members left after being chased away because of your anti-Audi behaviours. One of your goals is clear and granted you are good at it.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand