A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Backup Camera Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backup Camera Not Working

What's going on people i have a 2012 A7, my back up camera does not turn on when put into reverse the screen stays the same. The park assist button is flashing when I turn the car on, if I press the button it stops flashing. The park assist also does not seem to work either when i put the car into reverse it'll beep then it will not again when backing up. If anyone can help me i really appreciate it
Old 05-13-2019, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Might need the car scanned, could be an internal code that would show the problem (as in you may not see a CEL).

Even if your camera malfunctioned the screen should still change and show the parking sensors and their ranges so something tells me that the problem could be deeper than just the camera??
Old 05-13-2019, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tuscani66
Might need the car scanned, could be an internal code that would show the problem (as in you may not see a CEL).

Even if your camera malfunctioned the screen should still change and show the parking sensors and their ranges so something tells me that the problem could be deeper than just the camera??

So would the dealership charge me to scan my car to see if it's a problem? I think it is deeper than just the camera i honestly think it just needs to be updated or the green menu logged into to see what's the problem
Old 05-15-2019, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Teemon85
So would the dealership charge me to scan my car to see if it's a problem? I think it is deeper than just the camera i honestly think it just needs to be updated or the green menu logged into to see what's the problem
Typically dealers charge 1 hour labor to scan and report all known issues - they'll give you a print out. But there are dealers that will do it free of charge if they think they're going to get the business to repair it. Few dealers will do it for free, doesn't hurt to call the ones around you to ask for a free (or cost) of scan.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What's going on people i have a 2012 A7, my back up camera does not turn on when put into reverse the screen stays the same. The park assist button is flashing when I turn the car on, if I press the button it stops flashing. The park assist also does not seem to work either when i put the car into reverse it'll beep then it will not again when backing up. If anyone can help me i really appreciate it
I just got this same problem fixed on my car, it ended up being my parking buzzer...
Old 06-05-2023, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just got this same problem fixed on my car, it ended up being my parking buzzer...
What is a "parking buzzer"? I have the same problem.