A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Bluetooth Speakerphone Quality Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked the Audi U.S. tutorial for bluetooth & it is the same as it has been. The example used for pairing is an iPhone & there is a shot of google earth displayed with the bluetooth icon at the bottom of the screen. I guess I'll find out for sure when I get the car.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I really am not following 100%. I am not running into this. I even tried calling myself at work and it worked fine for me.

Note I don't use an iPhone as my regular phone. But I will use one today and see if I have the same issue.

Not to make light of the situation but I see conspiracy. Google and Apple are fighting a pitched battle for phone supremacy. TMobile (which powers the connection in the A7 in the US) wasn't given the iPhone by Apple. Put it together folks. This battle has spilled over into our lives and cars. OK this part is a feeble attempt at a joke ... It's Monday here.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for posting. I'll be anxious to hear/understand if the iPhone Bluetooth connection works while using Google earth.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by carljones11
Thanks for posting. I'll be anxious to hear/understand if the iPhone Bluetooth connection works while using Google earth.
The answer (if you're in the US) is very simple:

Yes. Yes it does work. Right out of the gate. No problems there.

(You may want to go into the data connection settings buried 27 steps down in one of the menus and turn off the prompt to create a data connection ["your provider may charge you blah blah"] unless you want to be bugged about it every time you start the car.)

It seems that people whose cars insist on using SAP instead of Handsfree are having issues with this. US cars don't support SAP. Non-US cars should be switchable from SAP profile to Handsfree.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JerryS4
Took my A7 in for the 5K mile service and mentioned poor speakerphone quality (like being in a wind tunnel to the other caller). Audi service mentioned that there is a service bulletin and that my car had a bad connection to look for and that they are ordering a replacement part. Must be a supplier component issue.
Any chance you could share the service bulletin number with us? I spoke to my dealer's service rep and he was completely full of ****. "What phone are you using? Have you tried turning the phone on or off?" etc.

I drove to work in my wife's X5 today and the two people I talked to both asked me if I got my car fixed because I sounded super clear.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried the iphone and I had no trouble with it too
Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the follow up with the iPhone & very good to know.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am now happy!

I took the car to the dealer last week (snow tires, camera chip) and had them look at the microphone too. They said they didn't find anything at fault but when I insisted they replaced the mike module.

No more complaints from others. They say it sounds perfectly clear. Woo!