Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Same thing happened to me last night. That's for the info on the fix
Old 03-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it is a software problem, such as a small calibration error. None of the lights were actually broken. Meanwhile, I recommend you guys to just have your dealer replace the broken part and put pressure on them to do so. It is not fair for us to simply "wait" for the software update.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ambarsaria
Sounds like it is a software problem, such as a small calibration error. None of the lights were actually broken. Meanwhile, I recommend you guys to just have your dealer replace the broken part and put pressure on them to do so. It is not fair for us to simply "wait" for the software update.
I really wish they would just change out a headlight in the meantime. Even if it didn't fix the problem it would feel like they were actually trying. But my local dealer wouldn't do it unless audi tells them to, guess they don't want to be stuck with a bill for a very expensive headlight.

I'm sure your right about the calibration error. Maybe a variance in resistance during cold weather. Here in so cali its been warmer the last few days. I haven't had a malfunction for 3 whole days. Normally it would happen at least every other day.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sux
I thought if it is under warranty, Audi pays for it, not dealership. They shouldn't get stuck with the bill but I guess I just don't know enough about how this dealership business works.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by iewsemaj
I really wish they would just change out a headlight in the meantime. Even if it didn't fix the problem it would feel like they were actually trying. But my local dealer wouldn't do it unless audi tells them to, guess they don't want to be stuck with a bill for a very expensive headlight.

I'm sure your right about the calibration error. Maybe a variance in resistance during cold weather. Here in so cali its been warmer the last few days. I haven't had a malfunction for 3 whole days. Normally it would happen at least every other day.
Take it to a different dealer.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just had the warning light come on only when turning. ^ months old and 3400 miles. Will call dealer and see what they say.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Add me to the list, please.

The warning light came on a couple of days ago when I started the car in my garage. The LED light came on and the warning light came on. I knew this was it. LOL. Maybe I need to test if my cornering lights would trigger the warning.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
Add me to the list, please.

The warning light came on a couple of days ago when I started the car in my garage. The LED light came on and the warning light came on. I knew this was it. LOL. Maybe I need to test if my cornering lights would trigger the warning.
I just got my car back from the 26,000 mi maintenance. They think they may have a solution. A new control module was ordered and they will install it when it gets here. I'll post results, of if the new module fixes the problem.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by iewsemaj
I just got my car back from the 26,000 mi maintenance. They think they may have a solution. A new control module was ordered and they will install it when it gets here. I'll post results, of if the new module fixes the problem.
That's good to know. Please keep us updated. Do you know where the module is located? I hope it's an easier swap than removing the bumper and the headlight assembly, which isn't hard at all.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes I just took my A7 in for a 10000 mile service. They replaced a power steering module on recall. They ordered a right headlight module as I have had the same light malfunction warning. They also ordered new door seals that will be added between the front and rear doors. This is also some type of recall fix. Will keep you up to date.

Quick Reply: LED Headlights - Light Malfunction.