A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Two other potential MMI bugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two other potential MMI bugs

Two other things I've notices with the A7:

- sometimes, when I go to look at online destination I've sent from Google Maps, it works fine. Others, it asks for the Audi Connect PIN to be entered. But even if I don't enter it, and sometime later try to look at them, it pulls them up without me needing to reenter the PIN. Is this a problem others are seeing?

- I know that the manual says that the car will limit the min/max volume upon restarting the car, but is the max limit really 12? Is there a way to change that?

Thanks!

eric
Old 10-07-2013, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ericbergan
Two other things I've notices with the A7:

- sometimes, when I go to look at online destination I've sent from Google Maps, it works fine. Others, it asks for the Audi Connect PIN to be entered. But even if I don't enter it, and sometime later try to look at them, it pulls them up without me needing to reenter the PIN. Is this a problem others are seeing?

- I know that the manual says that the car will limit the min/max volume upon restarting the car, but is the max limit really 12? Is there a way to change that?

Thanks!

eric
The min/max volume upon restarting the car has been a sore point with me since day one, particularly the minimum. There is no way to turn the volume down so upon restarting the car there would be no sound at all. It always starts at a low volume, too low to listen to but too high to ignore. Most annoying and I couldn't get a satisfactory answer to resolve this. I was simply told that "That's how it is".
Old 10-08-2013, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

why do we have to tell the system "yes" to wifi an google earth every time? why cant it be a permanent yes??
Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by msizzle
why do we have to tell the system "yes" to wifi an google earth every time? why cant it be a permanent yes??
Check if this is your setting:
Tel>
Settings>
Connections>
Data Connections>
"No Prompt"

I haven't figured out in Vag-Com how to avoid the warning screen when entering Nav>Info>Audi Connect for the online weather, events, news, etc. I thought I had found it in Vag but it didn't work.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Check if this is your setting:
Tel>
Settings>
Connections>
Data Connections>
"No Prompt"

I haven't figured out in Vag-Com how to avoid the warning screen when entering Nav>Info>Audi Connect for the online weather, events, news, etc. I thought I had found it in Vag but it didn't work.
thanks ill try it
Old 10-31-2013, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Eric,

In regards to the first question I have this same issue and I researched it quite a bit and there does not seem to be a fix for it, this happened in my '12 A7 as well as my '13. So I just keep a stick note with the PIN in the arm rest since I am horrible at remembering numbers.

There might be a VAGCOM for this but I have not seen one.

Sully
Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jaxsully
Eric,

In regards to the first question I have this same issue and I researched it quite a bit and there does not seem to be a fix for it, this happened in my '12 A7 as well as my '13. So I just keep a stick note with the PIN in the arm rest since I am horrible at remembering numbers.

There might be a VAGCOM for this but I have not seen one.

Sully
Interestingly, I did exactly this, and then next time it asked I entered it again, and it hasn't come up again. I think the sticky note is what fixes it... :-)
Old 12-26-2013, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I, too, had the issue with having to re-enter my pin. I noticed that it takes several minutes for the car to successfully connect to Google (when the Google logo at the lower right lights up) and I wait until that connection is made before requesting information from my online account. I have not had to reenter my pin since being a little more patient.

**note** on occasion, I get an error that the connection cannot be made but that issue never asked me to reenter my pin.