A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think Audi needs a redesign on the redesign of the A8 before it hits the market!!! The spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have faith and give the new A8 a chance

Maybe when it comes out and you see it in person, you will like it awhole lot. Just because Audi's keyless entry system and many of the avantissimo's other technological features were not mentioned in the new A8 article does not mean it will not have them. That list of new technological features for the new A8 in that article is very brief and the list is very small. A vast majority of these technological are not listed because there is no room to list all of them.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Only the 600s have stitched leather dashboards, the others have ****ty plastic.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ok, I'm just saying, look at the sales in comparison to BMW 7 and S Class?

Obviously, for all it's understated luxury ... no ones noticing it, what so ever, the Audi A4 and TT and then the new A6 put Audi back on the map, it was Audi's willing ness to create innovative, luxurious, yet sporty cars, that got them back on track.

The understated thing wasn't working, so, why don't you stick with plan B, the plan that made your name, glorious once again.

Imagine if Audi, had tried to take the A4, into the realm of reliable hondaish nothing rash type direction, after it's early 90's and 80's woes, instead of saying the hell with what people think, we are gonna get back on the ball with fresh daring designs. I'll tell you what Audi would still be in the realm of understatement, and lowered sales if they had taken that route.

The bottom line is they can stay with all that understatement stuff, but it wasn't and isn't going to help their sells, only when they have been brave, and at the fore front of their industry have they been successful. So, my question, is why take a step backwards now?

The new A8 will continue to have lack luster sales just like the old A8.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

new 7 will have tremendously more sales than A8, so call it what you want
Old 07-11-2002, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

not so, and last time check none of the A8 models have it?
Old 07-11-2002, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default all the cars in their class drive well, it's a question of gadgets and extraneous luxury

when you get into this class. You don't see the A8, Q45 etc, being sported in the latest Hip-HOp Video or being driven in Arco Arena by Chris Webber, or .... for a reason, the car will appeal to a select few. But none of the afored mentioned cars will match the sales of the S-Class because none have that Luxurious exclusivity that S-Class brings, when, you get into that car, your like "damn" there is really alot of "sh*t" in here I don't need. The LS430 Lexus is the only one that come's close, and I was definitely wowed when I got in it, I mean the damn back seat has built in massagers in LS430, there's a wine cooler as well, I mean the car just has stuff you don't need in it.

The Audi has great fit and finish, Avantissimo interior defintely had that wow factor when I saw it, sure, the A8 interior pics are nice, but I don't go wow. I do go wow for that Avantissimo, furthermore, when you get into this class of cars, generally buyers are used to the best. So, it's not about just making them think, hmmm ... this is a nice car, you need to wow, them. And the A8 just ain't wowin me.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default how about all models, I mean, do you see MB or BMW going well wait the

S-Class, the SL, CL, the new E Class, the new CLK and SLK, are just to damn appealing? I mean the old SLK was hideous, but they fixed it. The E class is the #1 seller in the A6, BMW 5-Series class, and it was the king of classic, but you know what MB was afraid to make the new E more refreshing, and it definitely went a step up.

I love Audi, I was attracted to Audi by the A4, I was 16, I saw it on the road, I had no idea what it was, or who made it, but I had to find out. The minute I saw it, I was like damn.

the TT, the A6, the same thing, although by then I knew Audi had arrived, but it's a shame, they are now trying to step backwards?
Old 07-11-2002, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: new 7 will have tremendously more sales than A8, so call it what you want

If you love the 7 Series and hate the A8 as much as you do then buy a 7 Series instead of the A8 then go to the E65 7 Series boards.
Old 07-11-2002, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have sat in the 2000+ S430 and S500 several times at auto shows

The dashboards have cheap, ****ty plastic on them. I know because I touched it and looked at it very closely. I saw absolutely no stitching in the dashboard. In North America, only the S600 has a leather stitched dashboard. Maybe you are talking about European spec S Class models. Do you live in Europe?
Old 07-11-2002, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Okay, then maybe the light wood trim will not make it to production at all

In fact, I hope it doesn't. When you said the light wood trim looks tacky, you hit the nail right on the head. Maybe all interior colors will have dark wood. I am hoping for dark cherry with the black and grey interiors and mahogany (a dark brown wood) with the beige interior(s).

Quick Reply: I think Audi needs a redesign on the redesign of the A8 before it hits the market!!! The spy shots