A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering wheel column Went up and don`t wont to come down

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 11:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel column Went up and don`t wont to come down

Hey everyone, i have a problem my sisters kid hoped in my A8 and was playing with the sterring wheel in all directions, i must add that the lower shelf was taken off because i was lookong for a nois falp engine and, when the kid push stering wheel to the top now it wont come down no reactions from the joystick. all the rest is working Up it want to go i hear engine kliking and sterring wheel slides to me and to the instrument cluster seats are working etc. But it just dont react to position down. What could happen? how to fix it? I was thinking to get power to the engine directly and see if engin would work but i think that there is a faulty joystick. What do you think?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dakar14
Hey everyone, i have a problem my sisters kid hoped in my A8 and was playing with the sterring wheel in all directions, i must add that the lower shelf was taken off because i was lookong for a nois falp engine and, when the kid push stering wheel to the top now it wont come down no reactions from the joystick. all the rest is working Up it want to go i hear engine kliking and sterring wheel slides to me and to the instrument cluster seats are working etc. But it just dont react to position down. What could happen? how to fix it? I was thinking to get power to the engine directly and see if engin would work but i think that there is a faulty joystick. What do you think?
Probably just mechanically stuck in that position ... it happens.

While someone is pushing down on the joystick, push up then down HARD on the wheel ... it should break loose and work normally.

NOTE: Before this, watch an interior light carefully while pushing down on the joystick to see if it dims slightly ... this helps indicate that it's trying to move.

SPECIAL NOTE: GOOD GOD, TURN ON YOUR SPELL-CHECK (REALLY IRRITATING to read) .... "sisters", "wont" , "hoped", "sterring", "stering", "wont", "kliking", "engin", "nois falp", "dont", "lookong"
Old 03-20-2017, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah sory about that im from poland and i don`t have a Spell Check in english. And my english is a little bit rusty Yeah When i push joystick UP the lights Dim a little but when i put Joystick down the lights do not dim. I will try to push IT down while pressing joystick down
Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So i tried to push hard on the wheel... but nothing. When i push the Joystick up the light`s didin`t dim, no flickering or nothing. When i push the joystick in any other directions the lights dim`s and flicker`s. Any other sugestions...
Old 03-20-2017, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dakar14
So i tried to push hard on the wheel... but nothing. When i push the Joystick up the light`s didin`t dim, no flickering or nothing. When i push the joystick in any other directions the lights dim`s and flicker`s. Any other sugestions...

try the different memory positions, should move the wheel up and down... if it does the switch is dirty.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The switch was all F#@$! up i manage to repair it. It all works fine now