A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 BHT W12 2004 AIR SUSPENSION PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A8 BHT W12 2004 AIR SUSPENSION PROBLEM

Hi there, I am new in this forum and wondering If there's anyone out there can help me out trying to work out this Air suspension issue I am having... We have a A8 2004 W12 BHT model that both front air shocks does not come up but then i can hear the compressor pump which the rear shocks do what it supposed to do, the thing I noticed is on the dash the yellow light and the green light flashes at same time (car air ride) symbol...

I am guessing its the air control valve block could be the problem but i want to make sure first before i order the part and last question is there any place i could order this air valve control block cheap around "Australia" ? i can see through online like ebay but mostly are second hand...

Please Help...!

I think the valve control block part number is 4E0 616 014

Thank you..!
Old 01-31-2018, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Don't guess, troubleshoot. Search, read and do some work, if you're lazy, start replacing: air pump, valve block, air struts... you may hit the right one. I have a post that I troubleshot and fixed my yellow and green lights... it may not be the same failure but it will help you to start.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 01-31-2018, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Don't guess, troubleshoot. Search, read and do some work, if you're lazy, start replacing: air pump, valve block, air struts... you may hit the right one. I have a post that I troubleshot and fixed my yellow and green lights... it may not be the same failure but it will help you to start.
Cheers,
Louis
thank you for your reply do you mind send me the link for that troubleshot that you have posted..?
thanks again..!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

i have read that link https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-.../#post24654189

but lucky it end up finding the leak on the strut air bag and the left air suspension started working just after you jacked up the car, on my side of story i checked the solenoid block and found no leaks plus no leaks on both struts air bags on the front. The air compressor works fine but i don't see both front shocks move at all, the question is how can i check the solenoid valve is good or not...?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...rider-2913592/
Do it systematically.
http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/2006-...19k-miles.html
Old 02-04-2018, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

thank you ltooz_a6_a8_q7 i have watched that link...

today i double checked and tried to remove the air line from both front air shocks and it has a bit of air pressure released then thinking its not leaking at all but somehow still could not figure it out why does not come up..?
if the compressor fault would be the rear should not come up too? I can hear the compressor pump and i can see the both rear air shocks are going up but the front stays low.... ;(

if you guy's have some more input please let me know, ill go further check and see what i come up with this time...

thanks for your time...!
Old 02-04-2018, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

i removed both air lines again on both front shocks and fitted a rubber gloves on the line and tried and see if there's a air coming out of the lines but surprisingly both gloves balloon up and popped so the air seems to going in the both air shocks but i don't see the air shocks raise while its on the floor but if the front car been jacked up just a little i can see the both front wheel starting to stretch down as the air comes in the air bags. soon I dropped the car on the floor then still sits low...???

i checked if there's any leak on the front air shocks but nothing i could see bubbling??? how that works???

i am very confused right now.....
Old 02-04-2018, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You have to remove the dust boot to see if the big oring on the bottom is leaking, and also spray the top of the strut to possibly see if the small oring is leaking.

The leak from the strut can be from several places
1. Large bottom oring. (Replaceable)
2. Small top oring. (Replaceable)
3. Pressed seal that's on top. (Replace airbag)
4. Brass hose connector (replace airbag)
5. Rubber air bag (replace airbag)

Originally Posted by glenn_a
i removed both air lines again on both front shocks and fitted a rubber gloves on the line and tried and see if there's a air coming out of the lines but surprisingly both gloves balloon up and popped so the air seems to going in the both air shocks but i don't see the air shocks raise while its on the floor but if the front car been jacked up just a little i can see the both front wheel starting to stretch down as the air comes in the air bags. soon I dropped the car on the floor then still sits low...???

i checked if there's any leak on the front air shocks but nothing i could see bubbling??? how that works???

i am very confused right now.....
Old 02-04-2018, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tstealth32
You have to remove the dust boot to see if the big oring on the bottom is leaking, and also spray the top of the strut to possibly see if the small oring is leaking.

The leak from the strut can be from several places
1. Large bottom oring. (Replaceable)
2. Small top oring. (Replaceable)
3. Pressed seal that's on top. (Replace airbag)
4. Brass hose connector (replace airbag)
5. Rubber air bag (replace airbag)
thank you heaps..! i'll look into that one thanks!
Old 02-04-2018, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

would it make a difference if the battery is running low? just noticed now the battery is weak and I have to jump start it but soon i tried jump starting it the yellow light and green light stop flashing and i can start changing menu from the LCD screen which i couldn't do before. few times i started the car these light (yellow) & (green) light started flashing...

it's just weird why both front shocks all the sudden playing up, if there was a leak would it be just either one side should leak..? but anyways ill check it again by taking the dust boot off...

Quick Reply: A8 BHT W12 2004 AIR SUSPENSION PROBLEM