A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting Japanese MMI + Radio + Nav to ROW?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Amiko Tsanava
Hello mattsimis, hello everybody!

I have just bought a Japanese Audi A8 D3 2005 year and I am experiencing the SAME problems about changing language and so on...
Please can you help me to handle this problem?
I have read this thread and need to know what is the shortcut way of doing conversion without bricking anything?

Thank you in advance.
He has not logged on for about 5 months
Old 04-05-2016, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Too bad
Old 04-24-2017, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same things

Originally Posted by mattsimis
Hmm... from my own photos I can see the interface box coding (assuming thats whats in the brackets) is wrong. Ill look up whats normal looking for an A8..

EDIT: Can anyone confirm what they have beside "Interfacebox", eg do you have 0x0100 like I used to?
im in the middle of attempting this now for a 2008 Q7

i have installed euro nav, radio and telephone unit.
radio was easy.
nav not, telephone not yet.
there was no fibre cable for tel unit in the jap car, and the nav had les plugs on it, which is guess is from the jap tel unit running thru it.
i thinking to take it to audi for a software update... then finding some fibre optic cable to run for the tel....

this cant be that easy, other companies here are doing it....
Old 04-24-2017, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Michael Lovell

radio was easy.
there was no fibre cable for tel unit in the jap car, and the nav had les plugs on it, which is guess is from the jap tel unit running thru it.
i thinking to take it to audi for a software update... then finding some fibre optic cable to run for the tel....

I did a software update and added a rear view camera to my 2005 A8, but lost control of FM radio and can not find any way to connect my Samsung telephone to the vehicle (neither could do it before the update) and would be very thankful if you give me more info about that process to find out how to make radio and telephone connection work properly.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Michael Lovell

radio was easy.

The Nav unit was a straight swap in the end for me. The first one I bought was a dud. There are far less cables and you only plug one of the connectors in.
you will have to get a new telephone unit as the Japanese one doesn't have a MOST connection.
I fitted mine using a new fibre connection piggy backed off the AMI; it worked but only partially so I'm waiting for a new unit. I made a new home for it in the glove box rather than lifting carpets.
Have look on eBay for a Bluetooth retrofit fibre loom. It's normally quite reasonable and it's a pretty standard thing.
My problem came when updating the software (just for the Bluetooth) as the software update process didn't see the unit. However I could see it and change the settings through my diagnostics. My theory is that there might be an issue with the diagnostic line to the ami or the telephone unit was a dud.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Beena
The Nav unit was a straight swap in the end for me. The first one I bought was a dud. There are far less cables and you only plug one of the connectors in.
you will have to get a new telephone unit as the Japanese one doesn't have a MOST connection.
I fitted mine using a new fibre connection piggy backed off the AMI; it worked but only partially so I'm waiting for a new unit. I made a new home for it in the glove box rather than lifting carpets.
Have look on eBay for a Bluetooth retrofit fibre loom. It's normally quite reasonable and it's a pretty standard thing.
My problem came when updating the software (just for the Bluetooth) as the software update process didn't see the unit. However I could see it and change the settings through my diagnostics. My theory is that there might be an issue with the diagnostic line to the ami or the telephone unit was a dud.
Can I install a Bluetooth in my car? Is that really possible? The only thing I currently find in my A8 is a strange cable connector in the arm-box. I don't even know what kind of a phone is it for.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hello, i put a new radio on my audi a6 and how i don`t have a software for regulating the tires. Model on old radio is 4e0 035 642 b, and model of the new is 4e0 035 646 d. When is installed old radio a have this option, and whaen a switch a new one this option is not possible. How to fix this, how to insert this option. thanks
Old 03-04-2021, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A5 2011 MMi unit

AUDI A5 2011 coupe MMI unit $
Old 05-03-2023, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello, I am new here.I recently imported Audi A4 from japan. I was trying to update the software and pressed on load bootloader in the green menu. I didnt knew it will get stuck there. After reading through multiple forum i understand you i will need SW 1190 to start with for now. does anyone here has 1190 version by any chance?