A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is this thing? Parking Aid Warning Chime (H15) Open or Short to Ground

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all, new here, i have same problem code 01543, would this cause the visual parking aid on the MMI to only show for a second and then disappear to previous screen?

installing new part is easy?? just pop black rivets in speaker, slide through hole, line up and push down from inside the car.....or ? just wondering. thanks again. greatly appreciated. i am really loving this website!!! extremely helpful!! thanks!! 2006 a6 3.2
Old 07-18-2016, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Easy replacement of rear parking buzzer

This post saved me a lot of time - Thank you! I replaced my rear buzzer from the trunk side last weekend and it saved me a lot of headache. I wanted to post the following pictures to show how I attached the new buzzer.

I decided that trying to get the rivets back in from the top side would be almost impossible, so I used the "u-nut" in the picture and some stainless screws.

Originally Posted by 5huby5
hi all, new here, i have same problem code 01543, would this cause the visual parking aid on the MMI to only show for a second and then disappear to previous screen?

installing new part is easy?? just pop black rivets in speaker, slide through hole, line up and push down from inside the car.....or ? just wondering. thanks again. greatly appreciated. i am really loving this website!!! extremely helpful!! thanks!! 2006 a6 3.2

Old 06-10-2018, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have similar code. Said break or shut to ground.

Need a check soon.

Not sure whether this is the reason that no parktronic.

Not clear whether it was front or rear neither.

Last edited by Dalplex; 06-10-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow. I am impressed. Took it through the hole that the loom come out is fairly challenge to me. I tried but unsuccessful.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Just had this problem. Replacement part off eBay for $10, job done.

Although the workshop manual way is to replace it from the inside. You pry up the front edge of the speaker grille then pull it forward, unplug the 3rd brake light and remove it. You then release the push pins holding the speaker in place. You access these pins from inside the trunk by pulling the rear edge of the liner down (3 push pins and unscrew both bag hangers).

Then just swap the speaker and reassembly is the reverse. Trickiest part was remounting the speaker and push pins. Has to be done by feel but it’s fairly easy when you know what it is you need to do. Some more pics to help other folks.

Last edited by dvs_dave; 08-06-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
The buzzer is in the trunk, under the rear shelf, just above the ski passage, a bit to the right.
Would this apply to the fault Park Assist Button - Short circuit to ground as well? I recently Had to take out the MMI display because some dummy did a hack job "fixing" the power wires for the display and broke again. .Leaving behind a razor blade. Since putting things back together, all is well but now i no longer get the camera to show picture when reversing and no audible sounds except for going in reverse that long beep. The park assist button blinks to. Also, from passenger side fuse "box" is there a ground wire there that is secured by a bolt that is for the park assist? I remember faintly seeing that but now can not find it there. I am going crazy! Please help?

I have a 2012 Audi A8l
Old 09-16-2020, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
The buzzer is in the trunk, under the rear shelf, just above the ski passage, a bit to the right.
Would this apply to the fault Park Assist Button - Short circuit to ground as well? I recently Had to take out the MMI display because some dummy did a hack job "fixing" the power wires for the display and broke again. .Leaving behind a razor blade. Since putting things back together, all is well but now i no longer get the camera to show picture when reversing and no audible sounds except for going in reverse that long beep. The park assist button blinks to. Also, from passenger side fuse "box" is there a ground wire there that is secured by a bolt that is for the park assist? I remember faintly seeing that but now can not find it there. I am going crazy! Please help?

I have a 2012 Audi A8l
Old 09-17-2020, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig Cringston

I have a 2012 Audi A8l
Don’t know. This is for the D3 2004-09 A8.

You should ask your question is the D4 2011-18 A8 section of the forum.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default APS RVC PDC error 01543 short to plus

Originally Posted by 5huby5

i have same issue after doing retrofit using Kufatec RVC and rear only PDC kit. All wires and modules look fine and camera and PDC work if OPS is disabled in Parking module. Did you figure out the solution? Thanks