Hey guys, ....HELP! [kinda long]

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, ....HELP! [kinda long]

So i've been working 18 straight hours on my radio install, and its coming out really nicely.

But, as the clump of wires behind my deck builds up, i was trying to pull through the last speaker wire that i had ran from the back left speaker. Hooked it up to a coat hanger fed through the HU opening to the pedal area, and pulled the wire through. there was a bit of hesitation, and being so tired, i yanked. 2 minutes later i start the car to pull it into the sun outside of the garage, and after i start the car and walk around to close the pass. door, i hear this hissing that sounded like a weed wacker outside. after i pull the car outside, i realize there is no weed wacker, and also, my power steering was gone. it was still turning but required much more effort. I realize this mayhave been that speed sensitive module (whatever its called), but the fluid and hoses were fine. I dunno if i did something when yanking the wire behind the radio- i do feel an accordian shaped rubber tube back there, but i dunno if it has any correlation to anything steering related.

shut off the car for 5 minutes, do a bit of research, realize it may have been that speed module that controls the power steering assist depending on the speed. so i decide to take it for a quick drive down my street. as i back up down my backdrive, i realize hitting about 5mph or so the steering is fine again, and everything is back to normal. i come to a stop and put it in drive and turn the wheel, and smooth as butter like normal.

any ideas??

idle is also being weird again, dipping under 1000 and sometimes actually stalling too....

sorry for this being so long!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey guys, ....HELP! [kinda long]

That stallin, I have it too, I cleaned my Fuel pump by taking it out of the tank. It worked for about a week then everything was again as it was before...... If you maby find something out pls tell