Today's Audi chores... phew... long day...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Today's Audi chores... phew... long day...

First the driver's side door lock kept messing up. This was a quickie and simply required a tie-wrap to stop the clip holding the rod to the door lock from popping open and the rod falling off. Done. <check>

Second, the driver's side window kept messing up. I managed to get the cable to back on the upper pulley but it kept popping off as well. Into the scrapped car shed for a new regulator assembly. the new one works great BUT the auto down keeps applying power so I need to keep an eye on it and hit the 'up' momentarily to shut it of. Small issue and I don't think I want to take the door apart again for that. I'll call that done. <check>

Third, the driver's side rear door lock stopped working right and needed attention. The pivot point for the lockpull **** mechanism broke apart. Into the scrap shed again. Found the parts. Reinstalled. All is well. <check>

Fourth, as you may recall I blew the end caps off my IC the other day so... the pillaging of FrankenAudi beings anew... Swapped over the BPV and plummbed it in... then the mandatory test drive... Wheeeeeeeeeee.... Done <check>

Next on the list for FrankenVagen is to connect the locking centre diff to the rear locker for the 200. The tranny is from an earlier car and has a locking centre diff not the torsen. Anyone with tips on this?

Hmmmmm... maybe the whole 6th injector set up is soon to move across to the Avant and dear ol' FrankenAudi will be sold off to feed the rest of the herd.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your drivers window not stopping on the way down is probably due to

A bad relay and not anything inside the door itself.

Seems to me that the relay is current sensing and is what controls the auto shutoff rather than a switch in the door.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Your drivers window not stopping on the way down is probably due to

Actually, they use circuit breaker designed to cut the power once it detects an over load. They have two connectors unlike a typical relay which can have four or more connectors.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There is a mechanical stop adjustment that probably needs tweaking... I think.

But the CB should fire if that's the case. Hmmm... more investigation required.