Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2019 RS3 delays and discounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 08:54 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Got this email today:

Today, much more than anticipation is being built.
Your Audi RS 3 has gone into production.
You’ve reached an important milestone, and delivery of your RS 3 is getting closer.
I’ll contact you again when your vehicle is in transit to the European port of Emden.
From there, your RS 3 will start its journey to the United States.
Originally Posted by BusStopF1
Amazing!
Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Not sure how accurate these "automated" emails are, but I figure it is if not in production at least close, so maybe May is realistic for delivery after all.
Yeah, the proof is always in the pudding. It just seems unlikely to me that you’d get the automated email if it wasn’t actually in production. Not that it’s guaranteed, but still trending in the right direction.
Hello RS3 guys,

Well how about that NEWS !!!
So finally one of us has gotten something that if correct and I see no reason to think Audi would send that E-Mail if it wasn't Totally-FACTUAL !!!

Good deal guys,
Terry
Old 03-03-2019, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree this is good to hear. When did you guys place your order? I hate to have a pity party for myself, but man am I bummed. Still showing production complete ETA for me of 4/25. What's weird is that I don't show a production week and I also don't have a frozen to changes date.

Figured I would at least be towards the front of the line considering I placed my order on 11/6 but perhaps not.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Baylorguy
I agree this is good to hear. When did you guys place your order? I hate to have a pity party for myself, but man am I bummed. Still showing production complete ETA for me of 4/25. What's weird is that I don't show a production week and I also don't have a frozen to changes date.

Figured I would at least be towards the front of the line considering I placed my order on 11/6 but perhaps not.
I hear you. That sounds really frustrating. The only context I can provide is that I played my order in mid-June.

I’ll be very curious to see how the next week or two go to ensure we stay on this timeline. If not, then it’s all just smoke and mirrors (which happened to me already once before in November when the system was saying I was due to have production completed and the car arrived at port, which clearly didn’t happen).
Old 03-03-2019, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I hear you. That sounds really frustrating. The only context I can provide is that I played my order in mid-June.

I’ll be very curious to see how the next week or two go to ensure we stay on this timeline. If not, then it’s all just smoke and mirrors (which happened to me already once before in November when the system was saying I was due to have production completed and the car arrived at port, which clearly didn’t happen).
June?!? I tip my hat to you. Almost a year total wait.

I think you'll be good this time around. March production start is what I have been hearing for about a month now.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:48 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Baylorguy

Baylorguy,

Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...019-a-2965136/

Terry

Old 03-04-2019, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This has really been the most annoying car order experience i've ever had, they should have said right off the bat these will be delayed, we would have bought a RS5 instead and had it already.......really zero reason why Audi can't give a much better estimate of the time line, and send us all updates of where we are in production. Even my Special order 996TT was no where near this bad.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
This has really been the most annoying car order experience i've ever had, they should have said right off the bat these will be delayed, we would have bought a RS5 instead and had it already.......really zero reason why Audi can't give a much better estimate of the time line, and send us all updates of where we are in production. Even my Special order 996TT was no where near this bad.
100% agree. The communication is awful. When the port hold happened in 2018 they compensated people with audicare. Timeline wise, at least for me, this is much worse as O am looking at 6 months.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

They should for SURE give us full audicare for free, or a 5% discount ect ect this is REALLY getting bad, my poor dealer is going nuts about it as well, they have gotten in 2 RS5 coupes already and nothing on my wifes RS3.........
Old 03-06-2019, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
They should for SURE give us full audicare for free, or a 5% discount ect ect this is REALLY getting bad, my poor dealer is going nuts about it as well, they have gotten in 2 RS5 coupes already and nothing on my wifes RS3.........
Totally agree with this, hell the longer I wait the more cars come out from competitors that I think to myself maybe I should just get one of those... RS5 and X3M, are on my radar should my order slip anymore... hell the dealer down the street has a bunch of C63s I'm sure I could get a good deal on. Then reality sets in and I still have till end of June when my M3 lease is up, and my BMW dealer is trying to convince me to get a M3 CS since they have had 3 sitting on the lot for the last 3 months... first world problems
Old 03-07-2019, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's been a VERY upsetting buying experience for sure, all we wanted was a semi firm date and honest answers, when you see many C63's,RS5's and M4's sitting there with discounts pisses you off you can't even get a straight answer on a car you ordered in October............if it was not for our severe winter and a ton of snow I would have canceled the order by now

Quick Reply: 2019 RS3 delays and discounts