Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New 2018/2019 Maps Available

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stupid question... where in myaudi.com can you download the maps?
Old 07-10-2018, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PGrefal
stupid question... where in myaudi.com can you download the maps?
Under Audi Connect Services and then Map Update.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nachos Libres
Haha, well, the downloader is annoying. I've found after installing the latest Java runtime (from https://java.com), installing it and allowing it to run (Apple wants to prevent it from running which makes sense), and then clicking on the download from Audi, the downloader will begin to work. I just create an untitled folder on my desktop and have it download to there - I've found you have to make sure the display doesn't go to sleep and I check the downloader every several minutes or so because I have had it time out and it has made me sign in again (thankfully it resumed the download). At first it starts at very slow speeds but at the end was around 2.5 MB/s and I was able to download all the files in an hour and a half I believe. There were several times where I had to unpause the downloader or pause it and then unpause so that it would download at a faster speed.

Once that is done I moved the files from the folder to my 32 GB SD card. I then installed the SD card into the SD slot in my S3, pressed the menu button on the MMI system, went down to settings, clicked the left menu button, and I believe went to system preferences. Once the MMI was up and running there was an option for System Update that become available to select and I chose the SD card as the source. It is now installing now, and will do so in the background (this is the third time I've done it so I'm used to it) and so it should be done later tonight sometime, probably within an hour.
OK, thanks very much for the help; much appreciated! I will give it a try next week after I get my 32GB SD card. Right now I'm dealing with a RS3 tire issue (bubbled / blown sidewall) that I will detail later this week in the forum.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"java downloader"? What is this, 1998?
Old 07-11-2018, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just completed the process. I downloaded straight to the card after I formatted it so it was clean and ready to go. Took about 3 hours for the download and less than one hour for the update in the car. Starting and stopping the car was not an issue.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

on a 2017 s3, where is the SD card slot located in the vehicle? lol i can't find the answer to that question anywhere from searching =/ help would be appreciated
Old 07-11-2018, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heartbeat91
on a 2017 s3, where is the SD card slot located in the vehicle? lol i can't find the answer to that question anywhere from searching =/ help would be appreciated
Glovebox, under the dvd slot
Old 07-11-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Morbo66
"java downloader"? What is this, 1998?
Apparently. I'm a little frustrated with the "update" as well - the navigation software still hasn't extended the road by the subdivision that has been complete for the last several years or added an extension to another street that has had houses on it for several years as well. I guess this is another reason why I usually use CarPlay for navigation over the built in mapping software - if only I could get Apple maps to show on the virtual cockpit.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My profile on MyAudi says that the maps on my vehicle are up to date.

I've never updated them and my A3 is a 2015.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nachos Libres
Haha, well, the downloader is annoying. I've found after installing the latest Java runtime (from https://java.com), installing it and allowing it to run (Apple wants to prevent it from running which makes sense), and then clicking on the download from Audi, the downloader will begin to work. I just create an untitled folder on my desktop and have it download to there - I've found you have to make sure the display doesn't go to sleep and I check the downloader every several minutes or so because I have had it time out and it has made me sign in again (thankfully it resumed the download). At first it starts at very slow speeds but at the end was around 2.5 MB/s and I was able to download all the files in an hour and a half I believe. There were several times where I had to unpause the downloader or pause it and then unpause so that it would download at a faster speed.

Once that is done I moved the files from the folder to my 32 GB SD card. I then installed the SD card into the SD slot in my S3, pressed the menu button on the MMI system, went down to settings, clicked the left menu button, and I believe went to system preferences. Once the MMI was up and running there was an option for System Update that become available to select and I chose the SD card as the source. It is now installing now, and will do so in the background (this is the third time I've done it so I'm used to it) and so it should be done later tonight sometime, probably within an hour.
OK, I am getting closer but still no cigar! The car will NOT recognize either a USB or SD Card for the updates so my question is this ... does the Audi map updates have to be the ONLY thing occupying the SD card (i.e., no other files and/or folders) AND should the map updates **NOT** be under a folder name (I used Audi Maps)? Thanks.

Quick Reply: New 2018/2019 Maps Available