Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

335is vs s5 vs E550!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
You have already said in another thread that you are buying the BMW. So, why do you stick around and pretend you are doing anything else? Go to the BMW and troll them
Hey dont be hating and trolling on people, I gave my opinion and I am considering atm. There is no need to be starting anything around here.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
You have already said in another thread that you are buying the BMW. So, why do you stick around and pretend you are doing anything else? Go to the BMW and troll them
Seems you need to follow your own advise:

Your previous post:

"The gentlemanly thing for you to have done was to allow people to have their opinion without berating them. But no, you had to enter the thread to attack and add nothing"
Old 04-20-2010, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

You guys just don't get it, in Audiworld don't mention any three letter word unless you have your asbestos suit on.

I am taking the fifth as far as comparo of S5/335is/C63
Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by k7-seven
IMO, MB focuses more on luxury compared to Audi and Bmw, im not trying to diss audi but MB is a lot more luxurious than both. Bmw basically focuses on performance and MB is more luxury and practical yet they can be very good performance wise. Im not too sure about Audi cuz I have only driven MB and Bmw, but Im guessing Audi is like in between? Any thoughts? Im not too sure but im just guessing,

I think fit and finish, hands down, Audi has the best interiors in the business, and you can simply feel the materials, they have a whole science department dedicated to the feel of materials in their car, that's why you don't see the cheap plastics that BMW likes to use.

Also, VAG actually is the king of luxury manufacturers, what you probably don't know is VAG owns more luxo car companies in the world, including Bentley (A8 actually and Bentley Coupe GT on same platform), Bhugatti (million dollar+ cars), Lamborghini, Audi, to name but a few ... although not in the US Volkswagon Auto is far more luxury minded in Europe and other markets. A few years ago, VAG intended Volkswagon Auto to take on Mercedes more directly in the luxo market, and move Audi to more performance oriented, now that plan has changed, Audi offers both, dependent upon the car, for example the new A8 is light years ahead of it's direct competitors new BMW 7 (came out this year) and MB S-Class. If you are talking about performance, for god's sake, Audi also produces 550HP Q7, basically an SUV with near 600HP, don't get it twisted Audi throws out performance. And since BMW no longer produces Z8 has nothing to compete Audi R8, and well VAG produces it most performance oriented cars out of Lambo and Bhugatti.

Hands down of the Big 3 General Luxury Auto manufacturers, though, BMW, MB, and Audi, I say for the last 10 years, Audi is the most innovative and #1. Things change, MB has gotten lazy, BMW has been getting cheaper and cheaper trying to sale more and it shows since the 90's, and Audi although, gaining more market share, I think they are #1 world wide, with huge sales in Asia #1. Hey, Toyota used to be the guys when it comes to quality, but again, to gain market share, and cut cost, they started getting lax. And they had internal memo's from engineers and assembly line workers explaining, we are cutting too many corners, they didn't listen, why because they were perceived #1 and only cared about bottom line. In the end, it's hard to stay at the top, if you don't keep doing the things that got you there.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

watch this video, the LP640 has fake exhausts so your post is false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3a5xwqyNI

the pipes are directly connected to the single large exit. Though the diameter increases, that can be easily explained by the technical impossibility of running a single gigantic pipe from the exhaust manifold.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think that about sums it up, LP460 in fact, has real exhaust, and not this faux exhaust thing, kudos to VAG for keeping it real, with the Lambo's. I don't understand why VAG didn't do the same thing with Audi and R9?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Go with the S5 if your not gunna get the C63....335s are like *******s everyone has one. Personally although i love the S5 i would get the C63 its just something about that car. But the S5 of the 335 anyday and to be honest if i had a choice btwn the two the E550 over the 335 as well, but if you really wanna talk why not the E63 coupe?
Old 04-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JoeyA4B8
Go with the S5 if your not gunna get the C63....335s are like *******s everyone has one. Personally although i love the S5 i would get the C63 its just something about that car. But the S5 of the 335 anyday and to be honest if i had a choice btwn the two the E550 over the 335 as well, but if you really wanna talk why not the E63 coupe?
there is a E63 COUPE?! I thought they only had the E63amg Sedan. Hmm, it would be so beast if the E63 did offer in the coupe. I have a question, what do you guys think about the M3? Just asking.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

there is a E63 COUPE?! I thought they only had the E63amg Sedan. Hmm, it would be so beast if the E63 did offer in the coupe. I have a question, what do you guys think about the M3? Just asking.
mb said no to a AMG E coupe