Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi A5 loose key in ignition and faulty lock system

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A5 loose key in ignition and faulty lock system

Hey guys! I just want to say, sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker. So, I looked for this everywhere and I cannot find an answer. I have an Audi A5 from 2008 and an idiot friend of mine thought is was a good idea to try and start the car by putting his finger in the ignition slot and pushing the button which you are normally supposed to push with the keyfob. That resulted in 2 things happening, my keyfob staying loose in the ignition slot(I can pull it out while I am driving like I have a keyless car) and my central locking system not working from my remote. The buttons do not work. I tried changing the keyfob battery and they still do not work, the blinkers dont blink when I try to lock or unlock the car, there is a little bit of noise but not THE locking or unlocking noise. The engine and the car works, the electricals work, the only problems are: keyfob loose in ignition slot and I cannot lock or unlock my car from the remote, only by using the physical key. I do not have a spare key to try to lock or unlock the car with. Is there any way I can fix this, like maybe pushing my finger in there aswell and maybe playing with the mechanism somehow, or do I have to go to Audi? Have any of you had this problem before or does any of you know a fix to this? Thank you!