Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Dead rodent smell coming from A/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead rodent smell coming from A/C

So I was on my way to work today and I heard a very loud CLUNK and my car jumped for a quick second. At first I thought maybe a piston misfired or something but then a couple minutes later I was met with a putrid sulfuric smell coming out of the A/C.

I'm lead to believe a rodent (likely a mouse as I was at a barn yesterday) got into my engine bay and got itself killed while I was driving. I have yet to check the engine bay as I'm at work now, but any tips on how to deal with this? Would rather not have to drive home today with that smell still emanating.

The scent is very heavily coming from the A/C but I'm not sure what the loud clunk would have meant in regards to where it would have been?Any areas you guys might recommend I check to find the corpse?
Old 06-04-2019, 07:56 AM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Start by pulling the cowling and checking the blower. There should be a screen to prevent rodents from getting in but...