Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Took Delivery of S5 Cab in Ingolstadt

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took Delivery of S5 Cab in Ingolstadt

My son and I just returned from a fantastic European tour last night. Our trip was delayed several days because of the volcano. But worth the wait!

We flew to Munich a week ago and took delivery of a S5 Cab at the factory in Ingolstadt. The staff at Audi were great. They really try to take care of you.

The factory tour, museum tour, future car tour (RS5) etc., was all excellent. Even the food in the Audi restaurant was very good.

We drove to Innsbruck, Austria, Lake Konstanz, Germany, Zurich, Basel and Geneva Switzerland. Not to mention several other small towns along the way. All in all 600 miles or 960 kilometers. the weather was fantastic. We were so lucky. We drove with the top down most of the time. Normal conversation at highway speeds. Very impressive. The only drawback with the top down was when driving through the long tunnels in the Alps but that wasn't that bad either. The huge tunnel fans worked pretty well.

I recommend Euro delivery if you have the time. An incredible trip and experience for my son that he'll never forget.
Attached Images    
Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
caf
AudiWorld Member

Great way to enjoy your new car!

We did Euro delivery on a BMW Cab in 2001. Lots of fun driving, mostly in Austria. (One traffic ticket, $20 !!) I'm definitely planning on doing it again some day.

Now for the only downside... waiting for your car to arrive in the U.S.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats...I used to live in Switzerland many years ago and had an A4 2.8Q - had a blast driving it thru the mountains!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks amazing! Deep Blue Sea Pearl paint?? how fast did you go?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! Yes, Deep Sea Blue, Pearl. Black interior, love the white stiching on the leather.

Regarding speed, I asked the people at Audi Forum about safe speed of the car and they said keep it under 4000 RPMS's for the first 1000 kilometers. I followed instruction. I got it up to 120-125mph on a stretch. Well below the 4000 RPM's in drive gear.

I hope I didn't get any tickets! They use camera's to nab you..

When I used the paddles around town, the "boom" sound on upshift didn't bother me like I thought it would. I like it now.

We were picked up at the hotel in Munich the morning of delivery in a brand new A8L and the driver "flew" up to Ingolstad. 225 kilometers per hour at times and not all straight aways. He really knew how to drive! The A8 is a great car.

I thought I had my dream car until I saw this R8 "Spider" parked outside the marketing building. Brown rag top etc. Stunning! I guess any color looks freat on that car!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Best experience I have had. The Autobahn was amazing. Its a hasle but really worth it
Originally Posted by Limestonedan
My son and I just returned from a fantastic European tour last night. Our trip was delayed several days because of the volcano. But worth the wait!

We flew to Munich a week ago and took delivery of a S5 Cab at the factory in Ingolstadt. The staff at Audi were great. They really try to take care of you.

The factory tour, museum tour, future car tour (RS5) etc., was all excellent. Even the food in the Audi restaurant was very good.

We drove to Innsbruck, Austria, Lake Konstanz, Germany, Zurich, Basel and Geneva Switzerland. Not to mention several other small towns along the way. All in all 600 miles or 960 kilometers. the weather was fantastic. We were so lucky. We drove with the top down most of the time. Normal conversation at highway speeds. Very impressive. The only drawback with the top down was when driving through the long tunnels in the Alps but that wasn't that bad either. The huge tunnel fans worked pretty well.

I recommend Euro delivery if you have the time. An incredible trip and experience for my son that he'll never forget.