Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I received confirmation that mine just hit port, but I found a dealer who has my car in stock, so ill be picking it up tomorrow. I was able to get a discount I was happy with. Ill have to wait until the black rings and badges come in to swap them, but otherwise what I wanted. Part of my doesn't feel great about skipping out on the car I ordered but also I put my deposit down like 18 months ago so I'm pretty disappointed it was not here back in December...
Old 01-18-2019, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
I received confirmation that mine just hit port, but I found a dealer who has my car in stock, so ill be picking it up tomorrow. I was able to get a discount I was happy with. Ill have to wait until the black rings and badges come in to swap them, but otherwise what I wanted. Part of my doesn't feel great about skipping out on the car I ordered but also I put my deposit down like 18 months ago so I'm pretty disappointed it was not here back in December...
Great news! What percentage of a discount did you get? And you put down a deposit on a RS5 Sportback 18 months ago?
Old 01-19-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Enjoying my RS 5 Sportback a lot. One issue though.

I successfully program my garage door opener in the car. It works for about a week and then will not work and has to be reprogramed again. This has happened 3 or four times.

Has anyone had the same?
Old 01-19-2019, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I originally was going to buy a RS5 coupe so i put the deposit down on that long before the ordering guide was available. When they announced SB in March I switched it.

Been a long wait! About 5% off MSRP... very happy with that. I had some bargaining power since i also had my car on order at the port and was happy waiting for it.

Picked up term care, Audi care and a tire warranty that covers both my winter 19 OEM and the summer 20 5 spoke forged.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Aeroboiler
I originally was going to buy a RS5 coupe so i put the deposit down on that long before the ordering guide was available. When they announced SB in March I switched it.

Been a long wait! About 5% off MSRP... very happy with that. I had some bargaining power since i also had my car on order at the port and was happy waiting for it.

Picked up term care, Audi care and a tire warranty that covers both my winter 19 OEM and the summer 20 5 spoke forged.
Gotcha. I was thinking how did he put a deposit down on the RS5 Sportback before it was announced lol. Did you get a disount off of the MSRP of the vehicle or off of the add-ons to get to 5%?
Old 01-19-2019, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a 2019 Prices Paid thread? Wanted to get a 2018 S5 Sportsback, and dealers were giving as much as 15% off MSRP, but no available models in the East Coast had Dynamic Steering
Old 01-19-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by jayjl3
Is there a 2019 Prices Paid thread? Wanted to get a 2018 S5 Sportsback, and dealers were giving as much as 15% off MSRP, but no available models in the East Coast had Dynamic Steering
without getting the full deal structure the "what did you pay" largely becomes useless. Between available incentives, added AFS bonus's, trades. Plus, pricing will be totally regionally based depending largely upon inventory. You won't find 15% on that car at this point, margins actually shrunk back for MY2019 vs previous years, so less meat on the bone to even play with to begin with.

As for dynamic steering, there were plenty available that had them. I delivered 2 last month alone

Last edited by SCarGuy; 01-19-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes there was a thread for 2018 S5's, usually people post full deal structure details:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...2932167/page3/
Old 01-19-2019, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by jayjl3
Yes there was a thread for 2018 S5's, usually people post full deal structure details:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...2932167/page3/
Those are not even close to fully structured deals

Incentives are regional, so without knowing each person's exact location, it really becomes difficult to pinpoint "the deal"

I've seen deals from other dealers (I am a dealer btw), where they get double digits off.....and then have $1000 document fee, or $475 window tint +$250 nitrogen in tires. That stuff quickly erodes the "discount" you may have received up front.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So I've begun negotiating prices at both dealerships where I placed my orders as both ships are set to hit the port this week. One dealer has agreed to 2% off MSRP with additional discounts off of protection packages. The other dealer is wanting to charge MSRP for the vehicles but also has agreed to discounts off protection packages. The rep at the second dealer believes I'll have a better chance of negotiating a percentage off MSRP once I'm at the dealership and speaking with the manager. I'm thinking I should be able to secure 4%-5% off which is definitely better then I anticipated. I'll keep you guys updated once my vehicles arrive. Finally on the home stretch!

Last edited by evanseric21; 01-21-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback - Information