Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Audi S5 Engine and major gearbox problems!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TheoCY
Hi everyone?
Just bought an S5 with 8K miles on it, 1.5 years old.
Have set my individual drive select to exhaust noice and comfort gearbox in individual settings.

Seems some heat is emmited from the sides of gearbox under the gear lever. Is this normal and what is the reason?

Car has been imported from UK to Cyprus.

At the beginning i noticed this when i switched gearbox to sport mode when sound was even more. Now it also heats as soon as i start the engine and on reverse. Is heat because of sound resonanse under that part of car or a gearbox thing? I don’t know what to think.

Any suggestions, thoughts?

Thanks
What is the rear seat climate control set to? I notice when my kids have it set to heat the center console where by right leg rests gets warm. When they run AC it gets cold. This is just where the HVAC runs from the engine bay to the rear vents.

Not sure if this is your issue but it's what I've noticed on mine.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SolventSolution
What is the rear seat climate control set to? I notice when my kids have it set to heat the center console where by right leg rests gets warm. When they run AC it gets cold. This is just where the HVAC runs from the engine bay to the rear vents.

Not sure if this is your issue but it's what I've noticed on mine.
Basically while the upper surface of the centre console is cold the side plastics next to the inner sides of the seats is sometimes hot. Not sure if it has smt to do with ac recirculation. My ac is always in sync mode as I mostly drive alone.

Thanks