Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Good price on Prestige convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good price on Prestige convertible

What is a fair price for a 2018 Glacier White Prestige with Luxury package, 19 inch wheels, and natural gray oak? MSRP is $62,360 but another $1000 of dealer add on”s.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Typically, there is about 6% between MSRP and the invoice price of the car. Then you also want to look at if there are any factory incentives that apply to the model you are looking at. When you say there are about $1,000 worth of dealer accessories on the car, what accessories are you talking about, and are these accessories you want?

I think when you are talking about a $60K vehicle, it is more important to get exactly what you want rather than worry about if I got the absolute best price. That is why you see a lot of us here (myself included) special ordering the car and waiting the 3 to 4 months for the car to be made and shipped over from Germany. If you are lucky, you might find a dealer within driving distance from you who already has that configuration in stock. However, since there are not a ton of convertibles out there right now, there is not a great chance of that since there are so many different configurations possible.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Teddz
What is a fair price for a 2018 Glacier White Prestige with Luxury package, 19 inch wheels, and natural gray oak? MSRP is $62,360 but another $1000 of dealer add on”s.
Teddz: I have a 2018 Prestige cabrio glacier/magma with every option that I special ordered. What heisnuts mentioned is true, what are the options the dealer is trying to add on? My experience has been that most of these are pure profit for the dealer, and can often be removed or negotiated out of the purchase price. This is one advantage of special ordering in that you can configure the car exactly as you want and save some aggravation. I was able to negotiate close to 7% off MSRP, but that included a $750 loyalty cash available at the time. I also had some additional leverage because of my previous Audi. On the cabrio, you may want to find out if you have a dealer in your area that honors ACNA membership discounts, as it is not excluded. Some other members have found some success with the Costco car buying service as well. If you can post some more specifics, and possibly your location, I think folks can help you a bit more.