Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Help Finding A 2019 RS5 Coupe On The Lot?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tirgoman
My editorial. And how many of those 300K live in your city and can afford an Audi and maybe even want an Audi.....just saying that probably won't mean much in my opinion, and if he doesn't give you a deal what will you do, put that on your channel? You'll think about how the dealer sxxxxxd you every time you get in the car. Why do that deal? Sounds like threat to me and probably not a good way to go. There are all kinds of dealers, those that rip you off at $5K above retail, those that play tough hoping you want to pay sticker vs how bad you want the car and those that treat you right and are in it for the long hall, you just need to find a good deal. Think about this, do you negotiate for most oher things you buy, probably not, but for cars that's the way it is. I've always gotten a fair discount even from Audi, Porsche and MB AMG dealers on a repeat basis. Check out www.kbb.com to enter what you're buying and get a good range of discount, it's pretty accurate. Good luck.
Oh if I wasn't going to get a deal I'd just make a video and not mention the dealership that sold me the car so they wouldn't get any promo, I wouldn't make a video bashing them that I didn't get a deal, that wouldn't be cool at all and very distasteful. I agree with what you're saying though, good point about each dealership being different. I just hope the one I'm working with are good people. KBB right now has no info for the 2019 models so I'll have to wait and see. Thank you for the response and insight, I really appreciate it.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Tirgoman
My editorial. And how many of those 300K live in your city and can afford an Audi and maybe even want an Audi.....just saying that probably won't mean much in my opinion, and if he doesn't give you a deal what will you do, put that on your channel? You'll think about how the dealer sxxxxxd you every time you get in the car. Why do that deal? Sounds like threat to me and probably not a good way to go. There are all kinds of dealers, those that rip you off at $5K above retail, those that play tough hoping you want to pay sticker vs how bad you want the car and those that treat you right and are in it for the long hall, you just need to find a good deal. Think about this, do you negotiate for most oher things you buy, probably not, but for cars that's the way it is. I've always gotten a fair discount even from Audi, Porsche and MB AMG dealers on a repeat basis. Check out www.kbb.com to enter what you're buying and get a good range of discount, it's pretty accurate. Good luck.
not to mention, those that you actually want to do business with

the possibility of an R8 years from now is not an incentive. The “I know abc” people who will buy is also not an incentive

In business, not just the car business, a deal has to be fair - for both sides, and should be enjoyable.

A dealer can reach 300k, and more, of a targeted audience with the means to purchase and who are in the buying market now, quite easily and without a major cash outlay
Old 12-07-2018, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy

not to mention, those that you actually want to do business with

the possibility of an R8 years from now is not an incentive. The “I know abc” people who will buy is also not an incentive

In business, not just the car business, a deal has to be fair - for both sides, and should be enjoyable.

A dealer can reach 300k, and more, of a targeted audience with the means to purchase and who are in the buying market now, quite easily and without a major cash outlay
That's true, I just thought it'd be a good mention. Like mentioned above a good relationship between the dealer and the customer can be made if the business deal for the customers first car goes well. I'm a brand loyal guy, always have been, when making deals of my own in business knowing that the person will come back to me and me only in the future is a good incentive. Especially with something as big as an R8 deal. Asking for an outrageous deal is insane, some people expect the world but I think asking for 6% off is fair on both ends. If not then I'd be happy with 4% too.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by garberfc
Are those sales numbers specific to the US or worldwide? If just the US, what percentage of Audi sales are generally in the US?
Those numbers are only for the US, but the situation is even more dire in Europe because Audi is having extreme difficulty achieving WLTP certification for petrol engines and, consequently, has delayed deliveries for months. (https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/exceptional-situation-impacts-audi-deliveries-also-in-october/). The US comprises roughly 12-13% of Audi's worldwide sales.

Last edited by JD15; 12-08-2018 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by IvanLZ
I have noticed this in Toronto. Every model except for Q5 and Q7 only have like 5-7 cars in stock per dealership. While Q5 and Q7 are over 40 lol.
Exact situation near me, with nothing to sell besides Q5s and Q7s for a couple of months. At least the new A6, A7, A8, and Q8 have now arrived. Dealers also have plenty of RS5 coupes that have been collecting dust on the lot for months.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

there are less than 18 160 RS5's coupes in stock in the country, which is down quite a bit from recent months
Old 12-08-2018, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The dealers around me must have overestimated demand on the RS5 because they have had the same vehicles sitting for months but have also had no S4s or S5s to sell since September or the first part of October.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JD15
The dealers around me must have overestimated demand on the RS5 because they have had the same vehicles sitting for months but have also had no S4s or S5s to sell since September or the first part of October.
Yep, that can happen
Old 12-10-2018, 06:39 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

About some 40 new 2019s in-transit were added today on my dealer's website including some RS5!
Old 12-11-2018, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Just chiming in

Put a deposit on a fully loaded 2019 S5 in late October. Was told it was in port already - release date has been changed three times and is now just a question mark per my dealer. The first wave of releases from port reportedly happened last week - all 2.0 liter vehicles. The 4.0 liter vehicles are supposedly going to be released from port in the coming week(s).

Ignorant question - is my car a “launch” car if it’s been in port for 2 months already?

Quick Reply: Help Finding A 2019 RS5 Coupe On The Lot?