Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
cool! I was suppose to go down to Austin today, for a campout and then on to SA on Saturday/Sunday, to see another friend, but we cancelled due to the rain that’s coming. Enjoy that drive, it’s a long one!
Are you in Houston? The drive isn't too bad. Made the drive about three times over the course of a month a few years ago for some training in San Antonio. Anything over 2 1/2 hours and I start complaining lol. I love my car but I hate driving long distances.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by evanseric21
Are you in Houston? The drive isn't too bad. Made the drive about three times over the course of a month a few years ago for some training in San Antonio. Anything over 2 1/2 hours and I start complaining lol. I love my car but I hate driving long distances.
Dallas - 2.5 hours is a good number. Although, last summer the wife, dog and I went down to Galveston for a little vacation in the Q5. It wasn’t terrible and Galveston was actually awesome. It’s gotten 100x better since I was a kid and what I remember from my college days.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

2 1/2 hours is nothing. I'll be flying down to Houston in a couple of weeks to drive back to Denver with my daughter when she finishes the spring semester at UH. We will likely drive straight through ~1,000 miles and should take 14-15 hours, assuming the weather is ok.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
Dallas - 2.5 hours is a good number. Although, last summer the wife, dog and I went down to Galveston for a little vacation in the Q5. It wasn’t terrible and Galveston was actually awesome. It’s gotten 100x better since I was a kid and what I remember from my college days.
Galveston is about hour or so from me depending on traffic and how I'm driving. It's definitely a nice little get away. I heard the water was nice and clear last summer. I didn't get a chance to go down. I had my engagement pictures taken there 7 years ago. The water isn't known for being the best. Can't remember why it was clear last summer. Something happened.

Last edited by evanseric21; 04-12-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by James P.
2 1/2 hours is nothing. I'll be flying down to Houston in a couple of weeks to drive back to Denver with my daughter when she finishes the spring semester at UH. We will likely drive straight through ~1,000 miles and should take 14-15 hours, assuming the weather is ok.
I salute you! I hate those long toad trips. I'm originally from Minneapolis and made the drive to Houston twice in a 4 month period. First time it was my mother and I and we split the drive when I moved down. Second time it was my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I when we moved her down and she got sick a few days before, so I drove the whole way. Both times it took about 16 hours straight through. I told myself I'll never make that drive again lol and if I moved out of state I would pay to have my car shipped.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Galveston is about hour or so from me depending on traffic and how I'm driving. It's definitely a nice little get away. I heard the water was nice and clear last summer. I didn't get a chance to go down. I had my engagement pictures taken there 7 years ago. The water isn't known for being the best. Can't remember why it was clear last summer. Something happened.
Nice! Ya, the wind or something created a current and it cleared out the mud/silt it something. That was for a few days and a few weeks before we were there, but I saw photos and it looked amazing. It was a great get away and the fresh fish was my favourite thing. We look forward to going again and are thinking about doing it again this year with our new puppy.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got updated to 1316 from 1118, only took about 2 years to fix the problem
Old 04-18-2019, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Stankia
Just got updated to 1316 from 1118, only took about 2 years to fix the problem
Same here. But only took about 1 hr! :-)
Old 04-18-2019, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Have had the software update since December. Today, after filling up my tank, I turned on the engine and was greeted by this text file... some kind of change log. WTF is happening? Did my car get hacked? It went away after I clicked Back and was nowhere to be found after that...

Old 04-19-2019, 03:49 AM
HA / KC / EЯ

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
Have had the software update since December. Today, after filling up my tank, I turned on the engine and was greeted by this text file... some kind of change log. WTF is happening? Did my car get hacked? It went away after I clicked Back and was nowhere to be found after that...

Your car is not /hacked/ it probably has a requirement to get an acknowledgement of OSS licensing

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default