Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Pennsylvania, Audi Ft. Washington. I won’t be able to pull the repair paperwork for a few days but I’ll try to remember to post it when I can. Remember, this was for a Q5 but I think the MMI setup is the same.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian3
Which dealership, or what city / state are you in?
Originally Posted by audi-one
Do you happen to have the workform/receipt with the updates they did?

I'm planning on referencing the TSB that someone posted earlier for the radio fix plus the latest firmware #, but as we can tell from this thread, some dealers are really stubborn in not giving the software updates. Plus I have only a Premier Plus, so the 360 cam update TSBs won't apply with me.
I’ll see if I can pull that and post it in a few days. This was for a Q5 Premiere FYI.

Either way, I just mentioned all three items and they said they hadn’t heard a lot of complaints from other owners about those issues (found that hard to believe but they were great about it) and found an update(s) that resolved them. Also Hadn’t heard about the window update but they researched it and fixed that with an update as well (windows going down instead of up when partially open). I was pretty happy they were able to resolve all of my issues on that visit. Not so happy it took Audi so long to come up with fixes though.

Last edited by audijk; 06-03-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, did you ever get the MMI update?

I just spoke with Audi Queensway and they weren't able to say whether or not i can get it updated.
They said, 'what ever is in their system, they will do' :\

I gave them the TSB provided in this thread and they said that is on 'state side' not in Canada.

Just wondering what happened in your case.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Burrcold
For those that have updated to software version 1316 to fix this issue, did all of your MMI settings reset or did it save them? I'm going in soon to have the update done, but I want to take pictures of all my settings before if I'll end up losing them.

I just spoke with Audi Queensway and they weren't able to say whether or not i can get it updated.

I gave them the TSB provided in this thread and they said that is on 'state side' not in Canada.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tb5

Go to Audi of Oakville. Had mine fixed there several months ago.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Ok good to know,
if my first service doesn't go well tomorrow, I will definitely no longer go to the dealership.
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-11-2019, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had the update for camera done yesterday and they fixed the rattle I had coming from the back. My MMi was updated for 1316, maybe tell them that’s what others are getting the should be able to get it. If not go to Audi midtown they probably have the best service in Ontario
Old 06-12-2019, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CartoonzS5
Just had the update for camera done yesterday and they fixed the rattle I had coming from the back. My MMi was updated for 1316, maybe tell them that’s what others are getting the should be able to get it. If not go to Audi midtown they probably have the best service in Ontario
got my first oil change done at Midtown too back in Dec and told them about the problem which they already knew since many were complaining about it. Called them back in Feb and got it updated to 1316, took me an hour or so.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Tb5
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CartoonzS5
Originally Posted by SNGGA
got my first oil change done at Midtown too back in Dec and told them about the problem which they already knew since many were complaining about it. Called them back in Feb and got it updated to 1316, took me an hour or so.
Thanks!!
When i mentioned this to the service guy it almost seemed like it forced him to try and help me.
Before i mentioned it he wasn't too keen on it.

I don't know why it has to be this way, we're paying for such expensive cars... and then we have to make a case to have an update to the system ? lol, weird.

edit: everything seems to be fixed got the 1316 update, top view is stuck now how it should be, feels amazing not having to switch to it every time i park.

Last edited by Tb5; 06-13-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Mine resets after I use the parking brake

Mine will stick with the 360 camera view each time UNLESS I use the parking brake... then it will go back to the graphic view after that. Weird and very frustrating. I'm not sure why this would be a feature.

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default