Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SaffsDad
I picked up the Allroad today and they stated they 'reset' the 5F module. As of this evening, the camera view seems to be working, but time will tell.
I asked them what the next step would be if this didn't solve the issue - they stated that they would look at replacing the 5F module. Again, I think this is all software, so switching out hardware isn't going to fix a 'bug.'
@SaffsDad, what dealer are you working with? I'm in touch with the Western Region people who are based in LA, would like to report to them what your dealer did if you don't mind so they can continue to connect the dots and fix their $%^#$ software.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by isaywhateveryo
If it helps, I also have this problem. I just dropped my car (with less than 400 miles) off at the Dealer this morning. I'm sure they'll come back with the same thing. It sounds like (from my intake) that they're just going to say that this is a setting that you can't customize. Ugh.
That's definitely not the case -- where are you located and what scumbag dealer is saying this?
Old 09-26-2017, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
I received word today that after consulting with the Audi Technical Services people, my dealer's service department has ordered a new "5F" module for my 2018 S5 Cab. The part should arrive by Monday and with luck it will be installed the same day. When I get the vehicle back and have confirmed that this resolves the issue with the "bird's eye" camera not sticking, I will report back to this forum.

The new "5F" was installed and did not solve the problem. They are continuing to research the problem.

More as it develops.
Regrettably there is still no resolution (nor one in sight). They have had my S5 Cab since 15 September and have known since 22 September that replacing the "5F" module did not fix the problem. The latest word is "we will continue to consult with the Audi Technical Services people".
Old 09-26-2017, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have had my S5 Cab since 15 September and have known since 22 September that replacing the "5F" module did not fix the problem. The latest word is "we will continue to consult with the Audi Technical Services people".
Hopefully you at least have a sweet loaner in the meantime?!?
Old 09-26-2017, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I received word today that after consulting with the Audi Technical Services people, my dealer's service department has ordered a new "5F" module for my 2018 S5 Cab. The part should arrive by Monday and with luck it will be installed the same day. When I get the vehicle back and have confirmed that this resolves the issue with the "bird's eye" camera not sticking, I will report back to this forum.

Regrettably there is still no resolution (nor one in sight). They have had my S5 Cab since 15 September and have known since 22 September that replacing the "5F" module did not fix the problem. The latest word is "we will continue to consult with the Audi Technical Services people".
This is ridiculous. The cameras work, the setting isn't sticking. Clearly a software issue, and a supremely annoying one at that.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dawkins20
This is ridiculous. The cameras work, the setting isn't sticking. Clearly a software issue, and a supremely annoying one at that.
So a birdie at Audi is telling me that this issue we're all complaining about is similar to -- but not the same as -- the issue they addressed through the TSB that some have had applied to no avail.

The top-view camera setting persistence has not been a known issue to them, and this is probably why dealers are denying anything is wrong, or they're applying inconsistent attempts to fix the problem.

One thing that helped me to accurately communicate the issue to Audi is that I actually made a video showing what I set, what I did, and then what occurred the next morning, and I sent it to my contacts.

I wonder if a couple more of you want to do that .... I'm happy to forward some non-public youtube links to my Audi contacts to call attention to this unacceptable defect in an expensive option.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scoopman
So a birdie at Audi is telling me that this issue we're all complaining about is similar to -- but not the same as -- the issue they addressed through the TSB that some have had applied to no avail.

The top-view camera setting persistence has not been a known issue to them, and this is probably why dealers are denying anything is wrong, or they're applying inconsistent attempts to fix the problem.

One thing that helped me to accurately communicate the issue to Audi is that I actually made a video showing what I set, what I did, and then what occurred the next morning, and I sent it to my contacts.

I wonder if a couple more of you want to do that .... I'm happy to forward some non-public youtube links to my Audi contacts to call attention to this unacceptable defect in an expensive option.
i have zero contacts but I can def send a video from a 2018 A4 Prestige.
The following users liked this post:
Johni2002 (04-02-2024)
Old 09-26-2017, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dawkins20
i have zero contacts but I can def send a video from a 2018 A4 Prestige.
Feel free to PM me video links, I'm happy to pile on Audi with owner complaints about an expensive option that they haven't performed basic QA on before releasing into thousands of cars.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scoopman
Feel free to PM me video links, I'm happy to pile on Audi with owner complaints about an expensive option that they haven't performed basic QA on before releasing into thousands of cars.
Happy to help from my end too... I will try to get some imagery or video. But happy to help in any other shape or form. I own two B9s and the issue is clear with the S5 and not the Allroad.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Happy to help from my end too... I will try to get some imagery or video. But happy to help in any other shape or form. I own two B9s and the issue is clear with the S5 and not the Allroad.
That​​​That would be interesting as I'm sure they know what they changed in the cars or model year.

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default