Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
Only thing I can think of is if you use different keys - maybe this is a setting stored to each key? I use only one key since I got the car so not sure
I thought about that too, but I've only been using the same key all the time...the other is still in the box...
Old 08-17-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine does the same thing, it randomly goes back to the graphic setting, once it lasted for over a week, another time it only lasted a day. I Agree the camera view should be the default, its a big reason to have the top view camera.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MrPlow
That's weird, mine always goes to the camera image (top view) when I put the car in reverse - it does that because I set that as the default View in the Parking Aid menu. See page 148-149 of the manual. Did you try this?
Funny thing about this is I don't have "View" if I go through Vehicle -> Driver Assistance ->Parking Aid

Old 08-17-2017, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chucktu
Funny thing about this is I don't have "View" if I go through Vehicle -> Driver Assistance ->Parking Aid

Only the top trim level has this view, unless you bought the option on a lower trim...
Old 08-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
Only the top trim level has this view, unless you bought the option on a lower trim...
Yep, I got a 2018 S5 Prestige... Top view was one of the reasons I got it... I wonder if the MMI could be accidentally setup for a lower trim model?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

My camera also reverts to the rear view back up cam every time.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Could it be different on the cars with Drivers assist Pkg? I do not have driver assist and I don't believe I have parking assist.
Mine is a S5 prestige
Old 08-17-2017, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 3cat
Could it be different on the cars with Drivers assist Pkg? I do not have driver assist and I don't believe I have parking assist.
Mine is a S5 prestige
I thought prestige came with the 360 cam and parking features? I would be shocked if you need DAP to essentially keep a setting. It sounds more like a bug or glitch. B9 A4/S4 forums have threads on same exact thing and they're classifying it as a glitch.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chucktu
Yep, I got a 2018 S5 Prestige... Top view was one of the reasons I got it... I wonder if the MMI could be accidentally setup for a lower trim model?
to access the 'view' menu, put the car in reverse so the camera comes on, then hit the 'more' button to access the menu. that's how i found it. until this thread i didn't even know i could change it from the graphic setting.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jk10
to access the 'view' menu, put the car in reverse so the camera comes on, then hit the 'more' button to access the menu. that's how i found it. until this thread i didn't even know i could change it from the graphic setting.
Yea that is how I usually do it, but in the manual that somebody referenced above it says there should be a View option in there as well...and on mine there isn't...definitely a glitch...hope its something the dealer might be able to fix...

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default