Top view camera select and making it default - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Old 08-17-2017, 10:23 AM
  #21  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc View Post
Only thing I can think of is if you use different keys - maybe this is a setting stored to each key? I use only one key since I got the car so not sure
I thought about that too, but I've only been using the same key all the time...the other is still in the box...
chucktu is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 11:00 AM
  #22  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 100
Default

Mine does the same thing, it randomly goes back to the graphic setting, once it lasted for over a week, another time it only lasted a day. I Agree the camera view should be the default, its a big reason to have the top view camera.
anfnj22 is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 02:00 PM
  #23  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by MrPlow View Post
That's weird, mine always goes to the camera image (top view) when I put the car in reverse - it does that because I set that as the default View in the Parking Aid menu. See page 148-149 of the manual. Did you try this?
Funny thing about this is I don't have "View" if I go through Vehicle -> Driver Assistance ->Parking Aid

chucktu is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 02:33 PM
  #24  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Turbo Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 637
Default

Originally Posted by chucktu View Post
Funny thing about this is I don't have "View" if I go through Vehicle -> Driver Assistance ->Parking Aid

Only the top trim level has this view, unless you bought the option on a lower trim...
Turbo Freak is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 02:44 PM
  #25  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak View Post
Only the top trim level has this view, unless you bought the option on a lower trim...
Yep, I got a 2018 S5 Prestige... Top view was one of the reasons I got it... I wonder if the MMI could be accidentally setup for a lower trim model?
chucktu is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 03:20 PM
  #26  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
3cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: 5 o'clock somewhere
Posts: 802
Default

My camera also reverts to the rear view back up cam every time.
3cat is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 03:24 PM
  #27  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
3cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: 5 o'clock somewhere
Posts: 802
Default

Could it be different on the cars with Drivers assist Pkg? I do not have driver assist and I don't believe I have parking assist.
Mine is a S5 prestige
3cat is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 03:54 PM
  #28  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Mobilehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 927
Default

Originally Posted by 3cat View Post
Could it be different on the cars with Drivers assist Pkg? I do not have driver assist and I don't believe I have parking assist.
Mine is a S5 prestige
I thought prestige came with the 360 cam and parking features? I would be shocked if you need DAP to essentially keep a setting. It sounds more like a bug or glitch. B9 A4/S4 forums have threads on same exact thing and they're classifying it as a glitch.
Mobilehavoc is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 05:16 PM
  #29  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 29
Default

Originally Posted by chucktu View Post
Yep, I got a 2018 S5 Prestige... Top view was one of the reasons I got it... I wonder if the MMI could be accidentally setup for a lower trim model?
to access the 'view' menu, put the car in reverse so the camera comes on, then hit the 'more' button to access the menu. that's how i found it. until this thread i didn't even know i could change it from the graphic setting.
jk10 is offline  
Old 08-18-2017, 07:14 AM
  #30  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by jk10 View Post
to access the 'view' menu, put the car in reverse so the camera comes on, then hit the 'more' button to access the menu. that's how i found it. until this thread i didn't even know i could change it from the graphic setting.
Yea that is how I usually do it, but in the manual that somebody referenced above it says there should be a View option in there as well...and on mine there isn't...definitely a glitch...hope its something the dealer might be able to fix...
chucktu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: