Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Letter to Audi. Feel free to edit it since English is my third language.
To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to express my feeling towards Audi. I bought my 2018 Audi S5 in August of 2017 and ever since then I have been having software issue with 360 camera (top) view in the car. I like to use the top view camera when backing out but every time I select the feature it only works for a small duration and then it reverts back to default graphic. I thought I may be the only one having the issue but it seems like lots of Audi A5/S5 owners having the same problem. It also seems like this feature works great on some A5/S5 but doesn’t on most. I have paid for the feature that I cannot use which is unacceptable. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Audi and its pursuit for customer satisfaction but looks like Audi is not willing to address the problem that so many cars are having. Talking to dealership has been no help as they do not have any updates from Audi. I have attached a link to the AudiWorld forum thread that many owners are using to discuss this very issue. Many owners are genuinely upset at Audi! I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
XXXXXXXX
123-456-7890

Last edited by Only_S5; 10-16-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:48 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,379 Posts

@Only_S5 — instead of “To Whom It May Concern” — I would address it to Audi’s President / CEO as well as the President of your countries branch of Audi. And, as I said in a previous post, if your country postal service offers a Certified with Return Receipt option on both of those letters. It provides a “chain of evidence” that your letter was delivered.

Other than that suggestion, I think your letter is professional, on and to the point.

— John
Old 10-16-2018, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is not just A5/S5, which is another reason I am dumbfounded as to why it hasn’t been resolved yet. It also affects A4/S4, Q7 and Q5 if I’m not mistaken. That’s A LOT of vehicles. I would add that fact to your letter. It is entirely possible VPs aren’t even aware of how wide spread this issue is, if they even know at all.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhbrew
This is not just A5/S5, which is another reason I am dumbfounded as to why it hasn’t been resolved yet. It also affects A4/S4, Q7 and Q5 if I’m not mistaken. That’s A LOT of vehicles. I would add that fact to your letter. It is entirely possible VPs aren’t even aware of how wide spread this issue is, if they even know at all.
To: "scottlkeogh@audi.com" <scottlkeogh@audi.com>, "thiemo.rusch@audi.com" <thiemo.rusch@audi.com>, "jeri.ward@audi.com" <jeri.ward@audi.com>, "justin.goduto@audi.com" <justin.goduto@audi.com>, "pete.hamilton@audi.com" <pete.hamilton@audi.com>, "jamie.dennis@audi.com" <jamie.dennis@audi.com>, "peter.donnellan@audi.com" <peter.donnellan@audi.com>, "filip.brabec@audi.com" <filip.brabec@audi.com>, "matt.carpenter@audi.com" <matt.carpenter@audi.com>, "cian.obrien@audi.com" <cian.obrien@audi.com>

I've emailed everyone on this list multiple times. The first time back in July, someone reached back out to provide the same line as we hear today...working on it. I spoke with my local dealership this week and a team lead at audi customer service...same story. Working on it. It's really tough to watch a brand be unable to solve this problem in over 12 months, or however long it's been now.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I suspect what makes this issue hard to solve is how traditional auto companies like Audi build their cars, software and hardware. They have multiple suppliers and the code that's causing this issue might not even be Audi's own code. Or maybe when they try to fix the code, it breaks something else in another module from another company.

I have to say, this is one advantage that Tesla has over companies like Audi. Sadly, Tesla can't figure out how to make car panels fit together evenly.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
...... Sadly, Tesla can't figure out how to make car panels fit together evenly.
Tesla should subcontract the panel manufacture and assembly to Honda specially Honda Japan. I owned two Acuras (Integra and TSX) assembled in Japan both had perfect fit and finish. Even Acuras assembled in CA are not as perfect.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by audiusa1
To: "scottlkeogh@audi.com" <scottlkeogh@audi.com>, "thiemo.rusch@audi.com" <thiemo.rusch@audi.com>, "jeri.ward@audi.com" <jeri.ward@audi.com>, "justin.goduto@audi.com" <justin.goduto@audi.com>, "pete.hamilton@audi.com" <pete.hamilton@audi.com>, "jamie.dennis@audi.com" <jamie.dennis@audi.com>, "peter.donnellan@audi.com" <peter.donnellan@audi.com>, "filip.brabec@audi.com" <filip.brabec@audi.com>, "matt.carpenter@audi.com" <matt.carpenter@audi.com>, "cian.obrien@audi.com" <cian.obrien@audi.com>

I've emailed everyone on this list multiple times. The first time back in July, someone reached back out to provide the same line as we hear today...working on it. I spoke with my local dealership this week and a team lead at audi customer service...same story. Working on it. It's really tough to watch a brand be unable to solve this problem in over 12 months, or however long it's been now.
Perhaps they are still overwhelmed by their dieselgate - the self afflicted wound.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
Tesla should subcontract the panel manufacture and assembly to Honda specially Honda Japan. I owned two Acuras (Integra and TSX) assembled in Japan both had perfect fit and finish. Even Acuras assembled in CA are not as perfect.
Acura has the worst infotainment system of any luxury brand, though.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RedKloud

Acura has the worst infotainment system of any luxury brand, though.
The new 2019 Acura RDX infotainment has been updated and looks pretty good.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Slides
The new 2019 Acura RDX infotainment has been updated and looks pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScWOFtlLCyI
About time! The system on my wife's previous MDX was almost unusable.

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default