Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

two thumbs up for the S sport seats...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Hot Ice=-
Interesting. Does it still have the massage feature?
Yes
Old 01-16-2018, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The ventilated (not really cooled) seats lose the adjustable bolsters and massage features of the S Sport seats and also restrict you to Milano leather (vs. Nappa). I had originally opted for the warm weather package with ventilated seats and switched to Nappa leather/non-ventilated after trying both. I felt that the fixed bolsters in the ventilated seats weren't close enough to my body and I slid around in the seat too much. I've also heard mixed opinions on the effectiveness of the ventilation, but I would have picked it in a second if I didn't lose anything in the process.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman
The ventilated (not really cooled) seats lose the adjustable bolsters and massage features of the S Sport seats and also restrict you to Milano leather (vs. Nappa). I had originally opted for the warm weather package with ventilated seats and switched to Nappa leather/non-ventilated after trying both. I felt that the fixed bolsters in the ventilated seats weren't close enough to my body and I slid around in the seat too much. I've also heard mixed opinions on the effectiveness of the ventilation, but I would have picked it in a second if I didn't lose anything in the process.
I'm not sure if the 2017 Q7 uses the exact same mechanism to ventilate the seats as the 2018 sportback, but I will say that I'm not very impressed by the 2017 Q7's ventilation. I can barely tell it's on. My Macan's ventilated seats were definitely more effective.

To me, the sport seats are a home run unless you just hate the contrast diamond stitching.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by freshpow78
I'm not sure if the 2017 Q7 uses the exact same mechanism to ventilate the seats as the 2018 sportback, but I will say that I'm not very impressed by the 2017 Q7's ventilation. I can barely tell it's on. My Macan's ventilated seats were definitely more effective.
I suspect that some of that is due to the fact that they draw air into the seat rather than blowing it through the seat. I like the ventilated seats in my Lexus IS350, but they’re of the blowing variety.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

I suspect that some of that is due to the fact that they draw air into the seat rather than blowing it through the seat. I like the ventilated seats in my Lexus IS350, but they’re of the blowing variety.
Macan draws air as well.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Macan draws air as well.
Then I got nothin' Good to know that ventilated seats can be effective either way, even if not so much in Audi's implementation.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Then I got nothin' Good to know that ventilated seats can be effective either way, even if not so much in Audi's implementation.
They were noticeably louder than the Q7 on highest setting, but I'm OK with that if they work well since I live in a place where it gets over 100 degrees in the summer.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

The seats are great - Better than my Macan seats were.
Did you ditch the Macan for an Audi S5, if so, why. The Macan GTS and the S5 coupe are on my shortlist for purchase, having a hard time deciding between the two.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

My dealer said the draw air...couldn't be more positive regarding the seats,first rate!
Old 01-17-2018, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Well, that sucks. The massage feature is icing on the cake! I really like the adjustable bolsters, too.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 01-17-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Quick Reply: two thumbs up for the S sport seats...