Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Well it's official...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,248 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
Haven't tried the HL yet still using my garage door opener lol, rear camera seems fine.

Going in for tint this morning and trying to make it easier for my guy...does anyone know how the rear headrests remove???
Question: Do you find the interior sun screen (shade) for the moonroof to block enough light or are you going to tint the inside glass on the moonroof? From what I have read on here the screen for the moonroof might be too translucent for some people?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Question: Do you find the interior sun screen (shade) for the moonroof to block enough light or are you going to tint the inside glass on the moonroof? From what I have read on here the screen for the moonroof might be too translucent for some people?
The shade is fine for where we live, usually averaging 60-65 degrees, for someone in a hotter climate I could see the reasoning behind that.

She's in for tint as we speak, my guy who's probably one of the best in the business warned me about the front inside rubber seal that is so tight on these cars, that scratching the tint could occur if the windows were constantly put down or in dusty conditions.
I very rarely have my windows down but still went with his suggestion of applying a soft, felt-backed material to help prevent that since scratch lines in the tint would drive me up a wall ...so an extra $60/side brings my total up to $570 complete...pricey with the addition of the ceramic and the extra material, but such is the price for quality work.

He's also removing my rear head rests and leaving them in the trunk so they won't block my rearward vision.

Pictures to follow guys...
Old 01-18-2018, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to seeing your tint pictures.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:37 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

He's also removing my rear head rests and leaving them in the trunk so they won't block my rearward vision.

You've just GOT to ditch those bulky US spec headrests and go with the low-profile Euro ones.

More here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...hooop-2939487/
Old 01-18-2018, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
You've just GOT to ditch those bulky US spec headrests and go with the low-profile Euro ones.

More here:
Oh I hear you and I agree but in my instance, I can count on one hand the amount of times someone will actually be sitting in the back seat...and that's zero.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Back from tint...

3 hours later and she's done, he was able to fit the side felt nicely and showed me a tiny scratch on the drivers glass that was caused by the hard rubber before the tint...so obviously it's pretty tight in there.

I had him leave the rear headrests off the car and will store them on the shelf until the lease is over, don't need them.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!

More here:
Not sure they would be beneficial on a coupe.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

3 hours later and she's done, he was able to fit the side felt nicely and showed me a tiny scratch on the drivers glass that was caused by the hard rubber before the tint...so obviously it's pretty tight in there.

I had him leave the rear headrests off the car and will store them on the shelf until the lease is over, don't need them.

Can’t wait to tint mine at the end of the month!
Old 01-18-2018, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Looks perfect, excellent contrast between the Daytona Gray Pearl paint and the color of the tint. Did you have the front windscreen tinted too, or does the other tint just make the windscreen look darker (tinted)?
Old 01-18-2018, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by synergize
Looks perfect, excellent contrast between the Daytona Gray Pearl paint and the color of the tint. Did you have the front windscreen tinted too, or does the other tint just make the windscreen look darker (tinted)?
No tint on the windshield...

Quick Reply: Well it's official...