Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Where to Jack with Floor Jack

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to Jack with Floor Jack

Hi All,
I would like to use a floor jack to lift my car at all four corners and put it on jack stands. Obviously I can't use the jack points for both, so I need to know where else I can safely lift the car? Any diagrams or pictures would be ideal, thanks!
Old 09-04-2018, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is such a crazy thing, when I first got my Allroad, I searched many forums for tips on this. Nobody wanted to tell me what would work, seems like everyone is scared of being sued for an "opinion"

I used a block of wood, and jack, to jack it from the front sub-frame, for the rear, I used a block of wood, and sometime no block of wood, to jack it from the center of the rear differential. Support with good jack stands at jack points at the pinch weld, or rectangular piece of metal protruding from beneath all side doors.

Be careful, as I know I would, for 2 tons on your head = dead. Oh yeah, use jack mode also by holding the "up" and "down" buttons at the same time for 5 to 10 secs, to activate "jack mode" .... then your car is totally jackable.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RyNoQuattro
This is such a crazy thing, when I first got my Allroad, I searched many forums for tips on this. Nobody wanted to tell me what would work, seems like everyone is scared of being sued for an "opinion"

I used a block of wood, and jack, to jack it from the front sub-frame, for the rear, I used a block of wood, and sometime no block of wood, to jack it from the center of the rear differential. Support with good jack stands at jack points at the pinch weld, or rectangular piece of metal protruding from beneath all side doors.

Be careful, as I know I would, for 2 tons on your head = dead. Oh yeah, use jack mode also by holding the "up" and "down" buttons at the same time for 5 to 10 secs, to activate "jack mode" .... then your car is totally jackable.
Sorry, I never replied back!

I wanted the car on jack stands to flush & bleed the brakes quickly at all four corners, but I ended up doing one corner at a time with the screw jack (car in jack mode and with wood blocks for safety). I read elsewhere not to use the rear diff as a jacking point, and I just didn't see anywhere else in the rear to safely lift at.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam's Dad
Hi All,
I would like to use a floor jack to lift my car at all four corners and put it on jack stands. Obviously I can't use the jack points for both, so I need to know where else I can safely lift the car? Any diagrams or pictures would be ideal, thanks!
I have been using these points for the past 7 years

Old 09-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quick comment ---- it's an allroad right???? remember to put the air suspension in JACK MODE
Old 09-27-2018, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amiram
I have been using these points for the past 7 years

Thanks Amiram!
Old 09-27-2018, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by boston allroad
quick comment ---- it's an allroad right???? remember to put the air suspension in JACK MODE
Yes it is.
I do use jack mode, thanks.