Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Loss of battery range (really, not GOM issue)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I also get A3/Q3 loaners. For Lemon Law purposes they are not "comparable loaners" which could work in your favor later on, depending on your state law.
Old 09-23-2021, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So because of the back order on the lithium battery, current ETA is 10/26 -- but is subject to change. No electric loaners are available (all of their electric inventory is sold out). Luckily, I'm not commuting so I hardly drive anywhere, so I'm not bothered by the Q3. Fits better in my garage.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

Interesting you have an ETA. I’m at 3 weeks now with no updates.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Larry David
Interesting you have an ETA. I’m at 3 weeks now with no updates.
That has to be frustrating. Sorry you're dealing with that.
The following users liked this post:
Larry David (09-24-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue with a 2019

I am having the same issue. Took into dealer and they could not diagnose the issue. But it sounds like a bad cell. Charged to 100% and only have 71 mile range. Just happened two days ago. See attached. Not sure why the bar near the power meter is yellow. Dealer told me to bring it back when I can leave it for a week. Plus they say they have no loaners available. Sounds like from the posts that it could take longer.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by opotting
I am having the same issue. Took into dealer and they could not diagnose the issue. But it sounds like a bad cell. Charged to 100% and only have 71 mile range. Just happened two days ago. See attached. Not sure why the bar near the power meter is yellow. Dealer told me to bring it back when I can leave it for a week. Plus they say they have no loaners available. Sounds like from the posts that it could take longer.
That looks like what happened to me. If you put it in drive, does the power bar only go to 85%?

At the end (about 3 weeks from when it first happened), when charged to full I only got about 30 miles of range which really makes the car unusable for practical purposes (luckily, I live fairly close to the dealer). So if you follow the same progression you may have no choice but to leave it with them at some point.

Did they specify no loaners right now, or no loaners ever? The reason I waited 3 weeks for my appointment was because that was the wait for them to have a loaner available for me.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

The parts for my e-tron were supposed to arrive today. I received a call from the service advisor that they are not arriving today and may arrive in November. Buy back request was again declined, but I was offered some financial compensation. I was thinking of accepting, but at 3 months plus without the e-tron, I am again asking for the full buyback.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Larry David
The parts for my e-tron were supposed to arrive today. I received a call from the service advisor that they are not arriving today and may arrive in November.
That's disappointing. I fear that's going to happen to me later this month when my parts are supposed to arrive.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 298 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Peachy3
That's disappointing. I fear that's going to happen to me later this month when my parts are supposed to arrive.
Yeah welcome to everything supply chain related impacted by covid. I would be angry, except I know many businesses totally outside the car industry that are dealing with massive supply chain /shipping issues...
it is really messy right now...

Still, Probably doesn't make you feel any better when you're car is dead
Old 10-14-2021, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Couple of quirky events happened over the weekend. I set the charging limit to 90% and charged overnight at home. Next day, I get the confirmation of charging completed from the Audi App and when I get in the car later that morning I only see the battery at 88% soc. Also, I went to EA to charge the car and I was only getting 95KW instead of the usual 140kw to 150kw. I started the session at 20% soc and I stopped at 50% soc. The car is at the dealer now, not because of these events but I had the steering wheel tilt/telescope switch fall inside the steering column. (see the included picture) I couldn't get the steering wheel to tilt down because the switch seized on my. I was fiddling with the switch and the switch actually fell into the steering column. I'm just left with a hole on the steering column where the tilt/telescope switch is supposed to be.

Quick Reply: Loss of battery range (really, not GOM issue)