Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2013 S4

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 S4

Hi All,

I have been lurking here for quite a while and got some valuable information from all of you and I thank you very much for that.

About a month and a half ago I put an order for a 2013 S4 for European delivery (sorry for the delay in posting ). My car is ready for pick up and have confirmed October 22nd as the pick up day. Leaving for Munich on October 19th and spending the weekend in Munich before pick up by Audi on Monday, Oct 22nd. After pick up, I plan on heading to Neuschwanstein Castle, then to Salzburg, Venice, Lake Como and Geneva (family friends there). Will be dropping the car off in Geneva (oct 31st) and then going to Paris and London by train. I know its going to be a lot of driving in a short amount of time but I am excited about spending as much time as possible with my car .

Question for all, what are some of the must do's for the places i'm going to? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh and as for the car spec...

Estoril Blue
Napa Leather (Black)
Sports Differential
Bang & Olufsen
Advanced key
Supercharged Badges
18" wheels
Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rajputra
Hi All,

I have been lurking here for quite a while and got some valuable information from all of you and I thank you very much for that.

About a month and a half ago I put an order for a 2013 S4 for European delivery (sorry for the delay in posting ). My car is ready for pick up and have confirmed October 22nd as the pick up day. Leaving for Munich on October 19th and spending the weekend in Munich before pick up by Audi on Monday, Oct 22nd. After pick up, I plan on heading to Neuschwanstein Castle, then to Salzburg, Venice, Lake Como and Geneva (family friends there). Will be dropping the car off in Geneva (oct 31st) and then going to Paris and London by train. I know its going to be a lot of driving in a short amount of time but I am excited about spending as much time as possible with my car .

Question for all, what are some of the must do's for the places i'm going to? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh and as for the car spec...

Estoril Blue
Napa Leather (Black)
Sports Differential
Bang & Olufsen
Advanced key
Supercharged Badges
18" wheels
Congratulation on your car and ED - we are waiting for pics and full report!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Similar build on mine. I just came back from mine earlier this summer. Pictures midway down.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2828974&page=3

Good choice on staying in Munich hotel Kempinski. They'll pick you up in the morning in an Audi A8 W12 and haul *** to the Forum. Just a FYI, the people at the hotel have no idea when/who to contact to confirm the pickup. If it's on your itinerary, Audi will show up.

Curious. Are they forcing you to get all season or winter tires as it seems to be getting close to their winter season or did you just make it in time?

Your itinerary looks good. I was originally planning to do a similar southern route until I made the decision to go to Nurburgring. Neuschwanstein is amazing but the back half is under construction on the exterior with scaffoldings. Ruins the picture just a little bit. Try to get tickets early. There are only certain hours for the English tour. We missed our 2:30pm and had to wait for the 5:30pm one. But if you don't care about the history, technically you can just go on any of the other languages.

On your way to Salzburg don't forget to pick the sticker at a gas station off the autobahn, it'll save you a $150. In Austria, if you have time make the trek out the the Grossglockner High Alpine road (30 miles of high alpine road with 36 bends, altitude ascent to 2504 meters). You will not be disappointed. It's really a gorgeous drive. Check weather condition if you're going in October, may be closed sometimes.
16 September until beginning of November: 6 am - 7.30 pm
http://www.grossglockner.at/en/grossglockner/

Another possible stop on the way to Salzburg. "Don't miss the magical old market town of Berchtesgaden where you'll enjoy magnificent mountain views as well as a train trip deep into a centuries-old salt mine. Rothbachfall – tallest waterfall in Germany is here."
We didn't have time.

And to give you an advice that Time89 gave me prior to my trip "drive, drive, drive." Don't worry about the extensive driving or long distances. I did 1400 miles on my trip. It's such a gorgeous country and the drivers are so good. I miss driving there already. The time in the car flew by fast. The autobahns are amazing, even in the rain. The car is really built for the German autobahns and not for US driving conditions. The lady at the drop off point said "I don't know why you Americans buy such amazing cars, you can't drive it at all in the US." She was so right.

Gas is expensive, about $8/gallon conversion. But you knew that already.

Have a great trip and post pictures soon!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And to give you an advice that Time89 gave me prior to my trip "drive, drive, drive."
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Osicom
Congrats! Similar build on mine. I just came back from mine earlier this summer. Pictures midway down.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2828974&page=3

Good choice on staying in Munich hotel Kempinski. They'll pick you up in the morning in an Audi A8 W12 and haul *** to the Forum. Just a FYI, the people at the hotel have no idea when/who to contact to confirm the pickup. If it's on your itinerary, Audi will show up.

Curious. Are they forcing you to get all season or winter tires as it seems to be getting close to their winter season or did you just make it in time?

Your itinerary looks good. I was originally planning to do a similar southern route until I made the decision to go to Nurburgring. Neuschwanstein is amazing but the back half is under construction on the exterior with scaffoldings. Ruins the picture just a little bit. Try to get tickets early. There are only certain hours for the English tour. We missed our 2:30pm and had to wait for the 5:30pm one. But if you don't care about the history, technically you can just go on any of the other languages.

On your way to Salzburg don't forget to pick the sticker at a gas station off the autobahn, it'll save you a $150. In Austria, if you have time make the trek out the the Grossglockner High Alpine road (30 miles of high alpine road with 36 bends, altitude ascent to 2504 meters). You will not be disappointed. It's really a gorgeous drive. Check weather condition if you're going in October, may be closed sometimes.
16 September until beginning of November: 6 am - 7.30 pm
http://www.grossglockner.at/en/grossglockner/

Another possible stop on the way to Salzburg. "Don't miss the magical old market town of Berchtesgaden where you'll enjoy magnificent mountain views as well as a train trip deep into a centuries-old salt mine. Rothbachfall – tallest waterfall in Germany is here."
We didn't have time.

And to give you an advice that Time89 gave me prior to my trip "drive, drive, drive." Don't worry about the extensive driving or long distances. I did 1400 miles on my trip. It's such a gorgeous country and the drivers are so good. I miss driving there already. The time in the car flew by fast. The autobahns are amazing, even in the rain. The car is really built for the German autobahns and not for US driving conditions. The lady at the drop off point said "I don't know why you Americans buy such amazing cars, you can't drive it at all in the US." She was so right.

Gas is expensive, about $8/gallon conversion. But you knew that already.

Have a great trip and post pictures soon!
Wow! Thanks for all the tips. Seems like you had an awesome trip.

I will definitely look into everything. Audi hasn't mentioned anything regarding winter tires. I think I made it in time, they get more strict towards November I presume. Part of the reason I chose a southern route was because of weather being a little warmer.

I heard about the construction going on at the castle, but can't do much about that . I am planning on getting the tickets for the castle soon. How long does the tour take?

Will definitely pick up sticker before entering Austria. Do all gas stations carry it or do I have to look out for particular ones? I will definitely try to go through that route while on my way to Venice. I don't know if I will have time for Rothbachfall but will definitely try.

I cannot wait to drive my car, its all I've been thinking about since I placed the order. The date is getting closer and excitement is skyrocketing. Gas will definitely be a killer but when on the roads in Europe, its an afterthought. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Will definitely post pics and report after I get back
Old 10-10-2012, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TIME89
Congratulation on your car and ED - we are waiting for pics and full report!
Thanks Time89, will definitely post some pics. Hope the weather is good during the trip.