Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

DE: No phone apps

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Willrsq82022
Hi mate i am having the same problem with my 2022 rsq8 did you manage to fix it
if you just brought the car, wait to be activate by dealer. They have e-SIM and maybe is no connection because isn’t yet activated
Old 01-22-2023, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperpaw
if you just brought the car, wait to be activate by dealer. They have e-SIM and maybe is no connection because isn’t yet activated
no mate I have had the car for 3 months now when i take the car to audi they say its not compatible and when I phone audi connect they say it is. every 2022 audi rsq8 should have android auto and android auto wireless
Old 01-22-2023, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Willrsq82022
no mate I have had the car for 3 months now when i take the car to audi they say its not compatible and when I phone audi connect they say it is. every 2022 audi rsq8 should have android auto and android auto wireless
That doesn’t seem right. What’s listed on the window sticker? (My 21 A5 specifies wireless CarPlay but doesn’t mention android, so it’s worth checking if it’s on the sticker.) if it’s on the sticker, they’ve got to have it, unless the android phone is too old.

The 21Q5 has wireless android auto, according to this thread at posts 30, 31, 32: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...3017726/page3/
So I would expect that an Audi model costing over twice as much and being one model year newer has to have it, too.

Check the owner manual. My manual gives specifications for what android versions are compatible in the “Audi Smartphone Interface” setup and troubleshooting sections, and gives instructions on how to set it up.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

As soon as I get in my car this shows up on my Samsung s22 so I no it has the android auto 
Old 01-22-2023, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default This is what comes up but then there is nothink on my screen

Old 01-22-2023, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I carnt believe that audi can not just sort this problem out it's like they are waiting for me to tell them what the problem is before they can fix it. I only won't to use waze so I don't get a speeding ticket
Old 01-22-2023, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 07-07-2023, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by H.A.
Hi everyone.

I got my q8 on Friday and can not connect with my phone over android auto (over cable).
checking some YouTube videos I can see that there should be a "Phone apps” button on the display of the MMi.
This is completely missing on mine. Attached is a picture of my menu items.
How do I get the phone apps button?

Thanks.
I had the same problem today with my new purchased audi A3. I thought that big touchscreen and no apple car play? I searched everywhere and eventually found it. You need the myaudi app and in there all the way at the bottom it says something about phone connection or apple carplay. Anyway you need to subsribe to it. It is a subscription. Once you did it will download the phone apps button on your car again.

Old 07-07-2023, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mikail
I had the same problem today with my new purchased audi A3. I thought that big touchscreen and no apple car play? I searched everywhere and eventually found it. You need the myaudi app and in there all the way at the bottom it says something about phone connection or apple carplay. Anyway you need to subsribe to it. It is a subscription. Once you did it will download the phone apps button on your car again.
it is called smartphone interface. You can subscribe for a month, 6 months or a year. It was my first subscription so I had the test option of 1 month for 1 euro.
Old 07-07-2023, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just noticed that most of you already knew about the part where you could buy a license. Anyway I still did not get it from reading this forum, until I noticed that you could buy a license. Hope this helps others.

Quick Reply: DE: No phone apps