Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
By the way, check what version of zFAS (Module A5) you have. It should be 0293 or higher for MA to work properly.
So this is what I have done so far:
- connected to OBDeleven and scanned for faults - nothing found in 01 Engine module! Seems it disappeared after some driving (with deactivated bytes in 03 module)
- checked the zFAS version in A5 - it is 0295
- checked byte 9 in Engine module - it was actually deactivated
- re-coded the 2 bytes in 03 module.
- left car locked for 1h, then tested the MA - fully working (=brakes close to obstacles)
- re-scanned - errors in module 01 (this time 2: U041600 - Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module and U10E000 - Front sensor system for driver assistance systems No communication) and 03 (C055F00 - BSCM/EBBC Hydraulic Unit Performance)
- left car locked overnight, drove ca. 1h this morning, found that the cruise control system could not be activated (due to the U10E000 fault above?)
- parked car and re-scanned with same results as above
- de-activated the 2 bytes in brakes module
- re-scanned with no errors in 01 nor 03, the cruise control seems to work again

It looks that there is some issue with coding of 03 module in my Q7, although I can activate the 2 bytes simultaneously, the coding is accepted with no errors and the MA works after this. Let me know if you have other suggestions.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 792 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavels
So this is what I have done so far:
- connected to OBDeleven and scanned for faults - nothing found in 01 Engine module! Seems it disappeared after some driving (with deactivated bytes in 03 module)
- checked the zFAS version in A5 - it is 0295
- checked byte 9 in Engine module - it was actually deactivated
- re-coded the 2 bytes in 03 module.
- left car locked for 1h, then tested the MA - fully working (=brakes close to obstacles)
- re-scanned - errors in module 01 (this time 2: U041600 - Invalid Data Received From Vehicle Dynamics Control Module and U10E000 - Front sensor system for driver assistance systems No communication) and 03 (C055F00 - BSCM/EBBC Hydraulic Unit Performance)
- left car locked overnight, drove ca. 1h this morning, found that the cruise control system could not be activated (due to the U10E000 fault above?)
- parked car and re-scanned with same results as above
- de-activated the 2 bytes in brakes module
- re-scanned with no errors in 01 nor 03, the cruise control seems to work again

It looks that there is some issue with coding of 03 module in my Q7, although I can activate the 2 bytes simultaneously, the coding is accepted with no errors and the MA works after this. Let me know if you have other suggestions.
In fact, I don't have many new ideas about what might be causing your problem.
Your zFAS is OK and properly encoded MA should work without errors. Yes, errors always appear after coding, but they can be deleted and they do not come back.
The only thing you can still try to do is completely disable the TA (back to original coding) and check that the MA without coded TA is working properly. There may be an error in the TA that causes a disturbance in the MA.
Also try to activate bit 5 in byte 9 in module 01. Some cars with MA have it turned on and some not, that's why I previously advised you to check this bit. In my car this bit is activated.
If you PM me your module 03 coding I will compare it with mine.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I searched this thread in case having duplicate coding but didn't see anything come up so here's what I found. Let me know if someone already posted this and I'll remove this post. Cheers!

Closing/Opening windows and sunroof via remote.

46-Central Conv.
Long Coding
Byte 12
Tick Bit4 / Bit7
Old 04-24-2021, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vhtran
I searched this thread in case having duplicate coding but didn't see anything come up so here's what I found. Let me know if someone already posted this and I'll remove this post. Cheers!

Closing/Opening windows and sunroof via remote.

46-Central Conv.
Long Coding
Byte 12
Tick Bit4 / Bit7
Mine does this from the factory.
The following users liked this post:
vhtran (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dubbrand
That's weird, but then I haven't owned enough Audis in to notice that (honestly). However, I haven't seen one that came with that option from the factory. My mum's 2020 Q7 and in-law 2021 Q5 don't have this either.
xxEdwinxx (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dubbrand
dito
Old 04-24-2021, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's weird, but then I haven't owned enough Audis in to notice that (honestly). However, I haven't seen one that came with that option from the factory. My mum's 2020 Q7 and in-law 2021 Q5 don't have this either.

vhtran (04-24-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh boy! Don't I feel stupid. 😬
Old 04-24-2021, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh boy! Don't I feel stupid. 😬
Thanks anyway for your willingness to share your discoveries with us.
I do not know what these 2 bits in 12 byte in module 46 do, but as I checked in my car, they are disabled and the comfortable opening of the windows and sunroof works. Did you notice any difference after activation of these 2 bits?
Old 04-25-2021, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by retom
Thanks anyway for your willingness to share your discoveries with us.
I do not know what these 2 bits in 12 byte in module 46 do, but as I checked in my car, they are disabled and the comfortable opening of the windows and sunroof works. Did you notice any difference after activation of these 2 bits?
Bit 4 = comfort_operation_window_lifter_button
Bit 7 = comfort_operation_roof_button

This is odd, I swear that when I got this car, I turned all the options that available in the MMI on (including long-press to open windows) and had tried multiple times but could not open them via key fob. They work after I went through VCDS route, now that I un-tick bit 4 & 7, the opening windows/roof still works via key fob. I am wondering if I leave the car overnight and let the MMI reset itself and see (I think my neighbors think that I am weird sitting in a new car and playing around ). I also untick just the roof to see if I can open the windows only, but nothing changed (all opened).

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven