Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
In fact, I don't have many new ideas about what might be causing your problem.
Your zFAS is OK and properly encoded MA should work without errors. Yes, errors always appear after coding, but they can be deleted and they do not come back.
The only thing you can still try to do is completely disable the TA (back to original coding) and check that the MA without coded TA is working properly. There may be an error in the TA that causes a disturbance in the MA.
Also try to activate bit 5 in byte 9 in module 01. Some cars with MA have it turned on and some not, that's why I previously advised you to check this bit. In my car this bit is activated.
If you PM me your module 03 coding I will compare it with mine.
Want to share my experience with MA and Curb Protection...

Coded MA - all went good, started getting a warning on engine start about cruise control not working thought (I don't have ACC), which goes away in a few seconds (but cruise control really didn't work). MA was working most of the time (sometimes it didn't kick-off and was crossed even the conditions/prerequisites were there), but I didn't like it - too aggressive and even dangerous in tight places. Decided to get rid of MA. What I really want is IPA, yet not so keen on getting the button, etc due to warranty.

Coded Curb Protection - never got it to work - coding was accepted, but then no matter what, the tires were always crossed in the display :-(
Old 04-30-2021, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 795 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiril Izov
Want to share my experience with MA and Curb Protection...

Coded MA - all went good, started getting a warning on engine start about cruise control not working thought (I don't have ACC), which goes away in a few seconds (but cruise control really didn't work). MA was working most of the time (sometimes it didn't kick-off and was crossed even the conditions/prerequisites were there), but I didn't like it - too aggressive and even dangerous in tight places. Decided to get rid of MA. What I really want is IPA, yet not so keen on getting the button, etc due to warranty.

Coded Curb Protection - never got it to work - coding was accepted, but then no matter what, the tires were always crossed in the display :-(
You can't enable IPA without MA and physical "P" button. You also need 360 cameras and 12 sensors. Curb Protection doesn't work in Q8.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q8 Premium - Interior Lighting

Hey y'all,

Do you know if it is possible with OBDEleven or other similar products to unlock the ambient comfort lighting select on premium? Each model has the lights, I feel like there should be a way to unlock color selection on the premium.
I have the MyCarly and I can't find it in there.

2020 Q8 Premium

Thanks
Old 05-01-2021, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lockett
Hey y'all,

Do you know if it is possible with OBDEleven or other similar products to unlock the ambient comfort lighting select on premium? Each model has the lights, I feel like there should be a way to unlock color selection on the premium.
I have the MyCarly and I can't find it in there.

2020 Q8 Premium

Thanks
Unfortunately it is not possible. You need additional hardware: LEDs, and optical fibres.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Unfortunately it is not possible. You need additional hardware: LEDs, and optical fibres.

But I am sure every model has these already. The interior white lights and they turn red.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

But I am sure every model has these already. The interior white lights and they turn red.
When they turn red? Just after turning an ignition on? For 5 seconds?
Old 05-01-2021, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah I believe so, I see them usually at night when I turn it on. Let me go try now
Old 05-01-2021, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

When they turn red? Just after turning an ignition on? For 5 seconds?

Yeah this is correct,
Old 05-01-2021, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah this is correct,
This is just a confirmation of Exit Warning System readiness. When you turn of the ignition these lights will blink for a while after 3 minutes. This is the confirmation that Exit Warning is turned off.

Exit warning

Exit warning improves safety in city traffic. If the car has come to a stop and other vehicles or bicyclists classified as critical are approaching from the rear, the system warns passengers not to open the doors. The system does this using LED lights in the door panels. In a situation assessed to be hazardous, the LEDs flicker and light red. The LEDs of Audi side assist are also lit in the relevant exterior side mirror. The exit warning remains active for approximately three minutes after the ignition is turned off.

This system is based on the radar sensors of Audi side assist, which monitor the zones behind the vehicle and to the sides at the rear. Depending on the model the exit warning is extended by an additional feature: If the system is active, opening of the electronic door locks is delayed roughly one second.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got a 2019 Q8 for my wife. Please don't roast me, but is there a list of to best most popular changes to code? Planning on getting the OBDeleven. From what I've read, I'd like auto e brake when put in park, tail light animation, code out orange side markers in headlights, dim dash screen.

Is wireless apple car play need to be coded for US cars?
The following users liked this post:
vhtran (05-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven