Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 10:50 AM
Sk8
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Acceleration measurement.

Acceleration measurement activation!

Module 17 Instruments > Adaptations > IDE11472-MAS18773-Configuration of displayable contents-Acceleration measurement > Change to readout.

No you should have this option!

Did a few 0-62.1371mph (100kmh) and seems to be working perfectly.

Last edited by Sk8; 07-04-2021 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary coding information.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:05 AM
Sk8
AudiWorld Member

Default 4-cylinder mode display

Module 17 Instruments.

Adaptation > IDE07221-Cylinder shut-off > Change to "Readout" from "No Display"

When cylinder deactivation is active a new display (4-cylinder mode) should show on the dash.

It's a bit redundant since when the fuel consumption bar turns fully green it's indicating cylinder deactivation but nice to see nonetheless.
The following users liked this post:
Jota83 (11-03-2022)
Old 06-24-2021, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sk8
Module 17 Instruments.

Adaptation > IDE07221-Cylinder shut-off > Change to "Readout" from "No Display"

When cylinder deactivation is active a new display (4-cylinder mode) should show on the dash.

It's a bit redundant since when the fuel consumption bar turns fully green it's indicating cylinder deactivation but nice to see nonetheless.
Not sure why it would be different on Q8, but that’s not how it works on the Urus. Full green bar means the 48V supercapacitor is fully charged. And the 4-cylinder mode indicator appears when active. Both are the default behaviors.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:29 PM
Sk8
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UrusUser
Not sure why it would be different on Q8, but that’s not how it works on the Urus. Full green bar means the 48V supercapacitor is fully charged. And the 4-cylinder mode indicator appears when active. Both are the default behaviors.
On my SQ8 there was no verbiage for cylinder deactivation until I coded it.

So, If you're driving down the highway and the bar is grey you're using all 8 cylinders, but If while driving the bar turns green, that indicates cylinder deactivation. This would be under a cruising scenario and not under braking or deceleration.

Does your Urus specify "4-cylinder mode" on the dash like the picture I provided?
Old 06-24-2021, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sk8
On my SQ8 there was no verbiage for cylinder deactivation until I coded it.

So, If you're driving down the highway and the bar is grey you're using all 8 cylinders, but If while driving the bar turns green, that indicates cylinder deactivation. This would be under a cruising scenario and not under braking or deceleration.

Does your Urus specify "4-cylinder mode" on the dash like the picture I provided?
Yes shows “4-cylinder mode” text, completely independent of the bar. Even the manual states green bar is supercap level. Hence the little battery at the end.

of course when I asked the dealer about the various bar colors, they were clueless.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:36 AM
WST
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the clear instructions, I just got it coded up properly and will test it tonight. On the note you added about Rear Wheel Steering......you mention that you will flip the "HAL available" bit when not trailering. What does this setting do? Disable rear wheel steering? I hate the idea of having to flip that bit every time I tow, and wonder what the implication of leaving it on "HAL not available".
Old 07-01-2021, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 798 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by WST
Thanks for the clear instructions, I just got it coded up properly and will test it tonight. On the note you added about Rear Wheel Steering......you mention that you will flip the "HAL available" bit when not trailering. What does this setting do? Disable rear wheel steering? I hate the idea of having to flip that bit every time I tow, and wonder what the implication of leaving it on "HAL not available".
I wouldn't change it. Nothing is re-coded before towing in the factory installed system. If necessary hitching the trailer would automatically disable rear wheel steering as it does with other systems.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
I wouldn't change it. Nothing is re-coded before towing in the factory installed system. If necessary hitching the trailer would automatically disable rear wheel steering as it does with other systems.
The function does not work for me by simply connecting the trailer. I wish it did. I shut off the 4 wheel steering to make it work. I agree that it is a hassle to turn it off and then back on every time you trailer.
Old 07-02-2021, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 798 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael99
The function does not work for me by simply connecting the trailer. I wish it did. I shut off the 4 wheel steering to make it work. I agree that it is a hassle to turn it off and then back on every time you trailer.
In Europe, you can order a car with 4 wheel steering and trailer assist. Connecting the trailer does not require any additional operations in the car's systems and everything is done automatically including the change of air suspension settings in MMI. This could mean that:
1 / There could be some bug or missing element in your codings or adaptations.
2 / The trailer assist in EU cars with factory installed electric hitch works differently (software?) than in the US cars where the towing hitch seems to look like aftermarket. This would meant the trailars assist in the cars with 4 wheel steering works properly only in the EU specification.
Several people on this forum have coded the trailer assistant in US cars. I would be curious about their experience with this system.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:46 AM
WST
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, I think I had a pretty significant problem after trying the Acceleration Measurement (74,4,1) setting. I have a 2021Q8, and perhaps I am missing a piece of hardware or it’s different. I flipped just the one bit, plus turned on the cylinder deactivation display settings, and had my entire chassis control module fail. Car drove like it was a go cart; assuming the air suspension completely failed. It’s possible it was the other setting, but I suspect this one since it was in the same control module. The good news is, simply undoing the changes seems to have fixed everything. However it didn’t do it initially. I had to change the settings and let it sit overnight, I assume some modules reset after being off for some period of time.
The following users liked this post:
fxchou123 (07-07-2021)

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven