Old 11-25-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes but does it ever drop-out
Old 11-25-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by minieggs
Good to hear things have got better for you with iOS 13. I don't have a car with WCP yet, I'm just doing some research first. What is your longest drive without loosing the CarPlay connection ?
3.5 hour trip with one stop.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That's great to hear. I assume your phone was in the wireless charging tray ? Which iPhone do you have ?
Old 11-25-2019, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Never a problem...

I took delivery of my 2019 A7 in May and my free Audi Connect subscription expired this mid-month. I have never had any difficulties with CarPlay before or after expiration, other that when CarPlay self initializes and takes over the MMI, I ALWAYS lose my radio connection. As this is concurrent with starting the car and the loading process of the Shortcut's, I must wait until these fully initialize to touch the shortcut and start the radio. Sometimes even the gremlins render the haptic touch on the shortcut logo inoperable and I have to use the steering wheel voice command to activate the radio source.

Am I alone in this or do others experience the same or similar?
Old 11-25-2019, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by doctorharrison
I took delivery of my 2019 A7 in May and my free Audi Connect subscription expired this mid-month. I have never had any difficulties with CarPlay before or after expiration, other that when CarPlay self initializes and takes over the MMI, I ALWAYS lose my radio connection. As this is concurrent with starting the car and the loading process of the Shortcut's, I must wait until these fully initialize to touch the shortcut and start the radio. Sometimes even the gremlins render the haptic touch on the shortcut logo inoperable and I have to use the steering wheel voice command to activate the radio source.

Am I alone in this or do others experience the same or similar?
Mine has always done the same thing..if I turned off the car with it set to radio, when I start the car, the radio starts, but once the Carplay connection is made, it switches to that and I have to tap the radio icon to switch back. What's different about what you described is that all of that is happening after my MMI is fully up and running. For example, in the mornings the switch from radio to Carplay usually occurs after I've pulled out of garage and am heading down the driveway.

When you say "loading process of the shortcuts", do you mean the system icons that are on the left-hand side of the main MMI screen or the shortcuts you can add to the top part of the lower screen with the climate controls? Those do take longer to load, but I just use the radio icon on the upper screen which loads at the same time the radio starts.

Last edited by Deanerh; 11-25-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by minieggs
That's great to hear. I assume your phone was in the wireless charging tray ? Which iPhone do you have ?
Sometimes it was in the tray and sometimes it was just in the cupholder. I was streaming Spotify and using Waze. And its an iPhone X.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

After a couple of weeks of flawless connections, I started having problems again where it would not connect immediately and even when I went to Connected Devices it would not always connect. Two “changes” happened at about the same time this started: I updated the phone to 13.2.3 and a couple of my kids came home from college and over the course of a couple of days wound up connecting with the car (I had established connections for their phones over the summer). In fact there were a couple times when we got in the car at the same time and the car went for her connection before mine. So I’m suspecting one of the two changes caused it to start glitching but not sure which one.

Yesterday when I got fed up with the problem, I deleted all of the other profiles on the car and then went into the phone and forgot the Bluetooth profile of the car. That seems to be the only way to also remove the profile of my phone from the since it was the only profile showing. Pressing and holding the one remaining profile won’t pull up a Delete option, but forgetting the connection on the phone will make it go away and will remove the CarPlay profile from the phone.

I then paired the phone again with the car and it’s back to connecting immediately. Only other drawback besides having to go through that is I had to go through the customization process again for the CarPlay icons.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by McGriddle
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this recently with CarPlay. Now that our AudiConnect expired just last week, we're now having trouble with wireless CarPlay.

My wife's iPhone X (it's her car) used to connect flawlessly using Wireless CarPlay. However, since last week when our AudiConnect service expired, her phone rarely connects to wireless CarPlay reliably. We've tried everything and nothing seems to work. We toggle airplane mode off/on which works sometimes. We've tried forgetting the 5Ghz wifi network and reconnecting. We've tried the USB cable and it works sometimes. It never connects right away when starting the car now whereas it used to connect 100% of the time before AudiConnect expired.

Has anyone else had this issue since your AudiConnect expired?

Also, it's annoying that the "nag" screen keeps popping up every time we start the car saying that AudiConnect is expired. Is there a way to dismiss this nag permanently? It's very annoying.
YES! I have been having this problem too. I have tried everything and it won't connect via bluetooth. Was working fine until my AudiConnect expired.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How did you reach Audi Tech support? I'm going through my dealer and they are USELESS!!!!!
Old 02-07-2020, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dfrom
YES! I have been having this problem too. I have tried everything and it won't connect via bluetooth. Was working fine until my AudiConnect expired.
If you read back through it seems that it’s pretty common for your existing Wireless CarPlay connection to have problems once the AudiConnect expires. My suspicion is that when the phone creates the CarPlay connection profile for your Audi when it the AudiConnect is active, it gets created assuming that the data will be coming through the AudiConnect and not the phone data. When the AudiConnect is no longer providing data, problems ensue. If you go back and read some previous posts from me and others, the best results for fixing issues after your subscription expires is to go into both the car and the phone and delete all profiles and connections. On the phone that means in WiFi, Bluetooth and CarPlay.

I will still experience an occasional drive where the wireless CarPlay has issues but it usually straightens itself out. Seems to occur more frequently when it’s a drive after one when I had plugged the phone into the car via USB to get a faster charge than the wireless charging.

Quick Reply: Wireless CarPlay issues now that AudiConnect expired