Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&O Subwoofer Wire Color Code

Old 12-10-2018, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default B&O Subwoofer Wire Color Code

My searches have come up empty...

I have a 2018 A3 with the Bang & Olufsen system. I am taking the stock subwoofer signal into a LC2i to drive a JL XD600/1 amp and JL 12W6 Sub. I pulled the back dash apart to find that there are 4 wires feeding the stock sub, not 2 as I expected. The 4 wires are...

white - grey stripe
brown - blue stripe
brown - white stripe
blue - grey stripe

Anyone know what each one of these are? Does the B&O sub have a left and right channel feeding it? Dual voice coil?

I just need to figure out how to wire it to the LC2i. Where can I find a wiring diagram? Ideas on how I can test out the wires to figure it out?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2018, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Alright, I think I figured it out. I'm writing this mainly to document it in the forum, but I would appreciate if ya'all would double check my thinking and reply if you agree/disagree. I sprung for a 24 hour erWin subscription and downloaded everything on my car. On the communications documentation I found that Bang & Olufsen 9VS system amp/control module (component J525 located under the drivers seat) there is a 38-pin connector. Pins 19-22 go to the subwoofer with their polarities listed. I used the find function to look for J525 on the wiring diagram file. Eventually found a page that showed pins 19-22 on the 38-pin connector terminated at a 4-pin connector at the subwoofer. Combining the two sources I get...

Pin #19 = sub (-) = white/grey = pin#1
Pin #20 = sub (+) = blue/grey = pin#2
Pin #22 = sub (-) = brown/blue = pin#3
Pin #21 = sub (+) = brown/white= pin#4

What I interpret this to mean is that the blue/grey and white/grey wires are a +/- audio channel from the amp and the brown/white and brown/blue wires are a second audio channel from the amp. To hook up my LC2i line converter all I need to do is wire one pair to the left channel input and the other pair to the right channel input. The LC2i will do the rest.

Thoughts?