Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

how lazy/bad is this body shop?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how lazy/bad is this body shop?

I had my car repaired several years ago, new hood from minor accident.
Anyway the bodyshop got paid for painting both fenders but only did the drivers side and told me they just buffed the other one with the time they got paid for cause painting them leaves visible rock chips under the new paint, which you can see on the fender they did paint.

How unacceptable is it to not sand out rock chips before painting? And to leave the other fender... I was clueless back then but if that happened now couldn't I demand it done right?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sk88erguy
I had my car repaired several years ago, new hood from minor accident.
Anyway the bodyshop got paid for painting both fenders but only did the drivers side and told me they just buffed the other one with the time they got paid for cause painting them leaves visible rock chips under the new paint, which you can see on the fender they did paint.

How unacceptable is it to not sand out rock chips before painting? And to leave the other fender... I was clueless back then but if that happened now couldn't I demand it done right?
if the paint starts to peel or fade. you can bring it back to them to repaint the sections they did.