Tomorrow is the day...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tomorrow is the day...

Going back to the dyno for some testing with my new MTM program that allows me to change the timing according to the gas I run.

In the gas tank will be VP Racing's MS109 unleaded race gas. That's 109 Octane (RON) or 105 Octane (M+R/2) or 101 Octane (MON). This gas is fully oxygenated.

I hope I get a good increase in power and see how much I can adjust the timing to get peak HP without imploding. I already fooled around with my VAG- COM and the adjustable timing on 94 Oct. I'm pretty impressed by how much I have to raise the base values of the MTM program to get it to start retarding the timing. I guess MTM leaves a lot of head room in the base program to allow a wide range of circumstances before it needs to pull timing. After seeing what it can do, there is no way IMHO that you guys in California would/should have problems running on your 91 craptane with this software. Worst case scenario would be to adjust it to the 91 Oct base value in their software.

On a side not I emptied the tank by running the car almost dry today. I had brought with me in the car exactly 1 USG of 109 Octane. When my digital "distance to go" hit 0 miles to go, I reset my trip counter to 0 and did 15.5 miles (city driving) before the car started to sputter and run only at idle, that's when I put in the 1 USG of 109. Managed to go even further on that load of gas and made home where I put in 4 USG for tomorrow's dyno runs.

I just hope I can get close to the increase MTM says I should get, that would be awesome. Well we will find out tomorrow.

I'll try to post later how the procedure is done with a VAG-COM to change the settings with my MTM program. I'll try to include pictures too. However, I won't give any of the access codes, so don't ask because I'm not sure if these are MTM own access codes. Besides I'm sure my chip had to be re-written to accept these modifications in the first place. A standard MTM chip wouldn't allow you to simply modify some of its settings.

I'm also glad to report that the "left foot braking" enabled mod works great, not that I can use it properly yet, lol.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dyno results please !!