Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Matt Daniels: Any reason the poster is not a "typical" poster size - I was looking at frames last...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-1999, 04:33 AM
Mark P

Default Matt Daniels: Any reason the poster is not a "typical" poster size - I was looking at frames last...

night and is seems that the pre-made ones are 20x28, 22x28, 24x36 and another 2 in there, I think. It would have been nice if it fit one of these standard frames. I'm sure I am not the only one who is going to frame the poster. And I'd rather not spend the $$$ at a custom frame shop. But now I have to or matte one of the larger pre-made frames (24x36). Since the poster already has a matted area, it would look silly unless done in a matching black, or perhaps yellow.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you were advised in your decision on size?

Mark P
Poster as a Xmas gift from GF<ul><li><a href="http://drive.to/marksa4">http://drive.to/marksa4</a</li></ul>
Old 12-15-1999, 07:24 AM
Matt Daniels

Default It's just the size I came up with.

At various times I had different sizes (the most radical was 36" x 15") and this is the one I finally settled on. I did start with a "standard" 36x24, but it just didn't work. After I realized it wouldn't work the only thing that guided the size of the design was the size of paper it was being printed on.

I basically figured out the cropping and image size for the photo, then added 3" all the way around. That's how I came up with the final size.

Matt
Old 12-15-1999, 08:48 AM
Mark P

thanks for the info - custom frame, I guess
Old 12-17-1999, 11:53 PM
ChuckH

Default I talked to a poster shop yesterday, and they told me it would...

...run about $100 for a normal black wood frame and two mats. I need to take the poster in to get the exact cost, but I didn't think $100 was all that bad. Well worth it actually, to have something decent and worth keeping. Yes, a custom frame shop would be quite a bit more expensive.

Charles