Anyone else have a problem contacting KTR? ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have a problem contacting KTR? ...

I called KTR on Monday morning, to see if I could stop by there this week. (I want them to look at the car, and estimate the cost for the work I want done.)

The person who answered said they were too busy, and I should just e-mail my request to them (via their web site). I felt "blown off" by this guy.

Despite this experience, I did e-mail them my questions and information on Monday. Now it is Wednesday evening, and no response -- not even a quick reply e-mail to say "we got your note, and we'll get back to you."

That is no way to run a business. My conclusion is that either they didn't receive my e-mail (I checked my "sent mail," and there it is), or they just don't want my business.

Anyone have similar experiences?
Old 06-16-2004, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I called them last month about suspension install...

and they seemed to quote a somewhat high price for the work compared to other quotes I got...not sure if they are just pricing their quality work, or if they did not want my business. Hard to say.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Anyone else have a problem contacting KTR? ...

Brenner,
I will call Scott Today for you. They have been busy of late. There head technician broke his leg in two spots. Almost a compound fracture, he is off of his feet for a while. He still works but it has slowed them down a great deal.

One of the other technicians is out for the week and they are getting plans in place for the Audi event on the 26th.

I will call and follow up for you.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:15 AM

Default Re: I called them last month about suspension install...

They have a standard labor rate. I believe $75 an hour. Ask them how it is broken down and why the potentially longer install time. Is there any value added?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:32 AM

Default FOLLOW-UP: I just got an e-mail from Scott at KTR...

He said they didn't receive my first e-mail (I confirmed that it was sent, but I guess something could have happened on their end).

Fortunately, I had sent them a second e-mail, which Scott responded to today.

If you did call to "get the ball rolling," THANKS!!

Based on his initial response, Scott seems quite knowledgeable. We'll have to see what the quote looks like...
Old 06-17-2004, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I called and left a message about getting my car dyno'd: no call back
Old 06-17-2004, 03:36 PM

Default FOLLOW-UP, PART 2...Communication problem solved!...

Scott Bertz at KTR has been fantastic today -- first I got a series of e-mails with info and additional questions, then he asked me to stop by this afternoon to look at my car (which I promptly dropped everything to do, of course).

Based on the impressive turnaround today, I'm going to chalk the whole thing up to an unfortunate first impression, and move on.

As several others on this forum indicated earlier, KTR has a VERY impressive facility.

Actually, the amazing display of obscenely expensive, rare and high-performance cars, made my poor A6 feel slightly inadequate (if I didn't see a Mitsu Galant in the corner, I think I'd be looking up automobile therapists right now).

Seriously though, I'm feeling like we just got off to a rough start, and I'm eagerly awaiting Scott's quote.

As always, I appreciate everyone's fantastic response to my posts. I can't help but wonder if maybe you guys helped get things moving...
Old 06-17-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Andrew, I heard you stopped by KTR this afternoon...

Scott told me. Thanks again for mentioning me, and (I think) helping move things along.

Greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:44 AM

No Problem, I am glad you enjoyed it..