Bell Audi service in Rahway SUCKS! How to go about resolving it (repost from global A4 forum)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bell Audi service in Rahway SUCKS! How to go about resolving it (repost from global A4 forum)

Hello fellow Audi enthusiasts. I did a search on Bell Audi, Rahway, NJ sevices and found lot of hits here in Audiworld. I am also in this nightmare with them.

About a month and a 1/2 ago my car was struck in front end. The body work (Ultimate Collision) did everything right except they had to send the car to BELL because after headlight assembly is installed ('03 Xenon) the SELF ADJUST message on dashboard needs to get reset.

They some how manually reset it. Meanwhile the XENON shine off of this lamp is nothing close to my stock light on right side. I face the car against my garage and right side is very SHARP. Whereas the left light is blurry.

They checked the bulb said it's okay. Then after about a week the xenon light goes out completely and another error comes on dash - "Left light has dipped LOW". So they replace the xenon again. But now the light is stuck a LOW point and does not SELF ADJUST.

To add I just want to know exactly what is wrong and help correct it. Right off the bat I noticed left head lamp isn't properly installed the very left portion is popped out a little bit bit like an inch. Could this be part of a problem. Also if they fully pull out the assembly and re-assemble it and re-plug it would this help at all. In fact, monday I am having them do that before the appraisar revisits to examine if Insurance should pay for this or this is BELL AUDIs mistake and they should eat the cost.

After another week the car still is in the shop and got a call yesterday that "MAYBE" the self-adjuster needs to be replaced - approx. $250. along with a "CONTROL MODULE?" - approx. $575 this pice signals a message to headlamp and since it's not doing that the LENS is not adjusting.

I spoke with their driver who dropped me off home and mentioned out of 15 technicans 10 of them are rookies and don't have a clue what they are doing.

I just want my car back the way it was before! is that too much to ask. Any help/comments on this issue would help a TON. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my .02

its the body shop who is responsible, afterall, they subbed it out to Bell.

Let the insurance and body shop fix it. Tell both, in writting that they are the pros and they are responsible, they chose an illtrained Audi shop, (they didn't know) and their choice is making a simple problem worse.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2nd.