Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

problem with aquamist install...

Old 09-07-2004, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with aquamist install...

I just installed an aquamist 2d system, here's the problem I'm having. First of all when I power it up, the pump starts running and keeps running until I cut the power. Also, the yellow LED (which I have connected between the red wire and the brown wire coming from the FiA) lights up and stays lit until I cut the power. I don't want to run it for too long if it's telling me that something is not right. I ran it for perhaps 30 seconds at most at any given time and then cut power, so I wouldn't ruin the pump.

One thing I noticed is that air bubbles form in the hose between the pump and the reservoir when I run the pump for a while. This happens even when I make sure that there's no air trapped anywhere (including the filter).

Also, the hose going from the pump to the water pressure switch looks like it's filled with water, whereas the one going from the water pressure swithc to the high speed valve has only a little bit of water in it (mostly air). The valve is obviously shut, so perhaps the air trapped just before the high speed valve is compressed? In that case, why is the pump not shutting off?

I have not driven the car yet, I assume that if everything was working properly then the pump should run for a bit to pressurize the hose and then cut off. But it keeps running. Anyone have any advice?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:34 PM

Led goes tween red and ORANGE leads coming from the fiA2
Old 09-08-2004, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Wow I must have been really out of it last night... (plus: solution to the problem inside!)

I think this install is getting to me. Yes, once again - I meant orange. Well I'm glad it's all over, finally.

Anyway here's the solution to my problem. There was too much air trapped in the 4mm hose, between the high speed valve and the pump. The pump was unable to pressurize the line properly (as Yippers point out to me in an email, perhaps it cannot compress the air inside the hose to 6 PSI even though it can pressurize the water to 6 PSI).

So anyway, the solution is, make sure there is little to no air in the 4mm hose when you connect everything together. It seems like it shouldn't be a problem - but it is.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:28 AM

Bar .. 6 bar