Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

The 2013 Q5 revealed

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for the double post. I'm new here but my second post elaborates more on my opinion.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mixed feelings about it, but am holding judgement until the S-Line is revealed.

The one thing I can say that I don't like is that the front turn signals are still halogen... I was hoping they would have upgraded them to LEDs -- I highly doubt this will change in the S-Line.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Does anyone know what are the new engines inside it?

Sorry for my previous junk message. Does anyone know what are the new engines in 2013 Q5? People keep saying 3.0T, TDI. But still no official confirmation. I called three dealers around me in the weekend (southern California). All of them told me that the engines will be exactly same as 2012's, 2.0T and 3.2. But hybrid will come out for sure. But they do not know it will come on 2013 or 2014. They may just want to sell their 2012 models by saying this. But I am so confused.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 2013 U.S Q5's will be as follows.

-2.0T Gas
-2.0T Hybrid
-3.0 S/C Gas

No TDI as of yet.

Audi is delaying the release of the 2013 Q5's. Dealers are still ordering 2012's, while everything else has switched to 2013 model builds.

It might be later in the summer on the 2013 2.0T, and the 2013 S/C could be in the fall.

Forget your local So Cali dealers and listen to me as I know what I'm talking about.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually there is a 3.0 TDI coming, my dealer told me. But it won't be until next year. I am hoping they allow us to order a 2013 2.0T Q5 earlier this summer. We like the 2012 so we don't think we need to test drive a 2013, we just want to order one and get it. Kind of annoying that they are making people who actually want the car wait.

Anyone have any info on features? We want to get the base engine but we really want ventilated seats, which are now reserved for the Prestige trim. If possible, we also want blind spot warning and heated rear seats + steering wheel if possible to. All of these features should be offered, it's not like they are unreasonable.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=avOrxziKw8k#!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default More update details

From Car and Driver

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

2013 Audi Q5
Audi lightly refreshes the Q5 and installs its supercharged six.

April 2012
BY JUSTIN BERKOWITZ

The addition of a supercharged V-6 engine is the most significant change to Audi’s Q5 crossover, which is getting an otherwise subtle update for the 2013 model year. Final U.S.-market specifications and powertrains haven’t been announced, but below, we run down the global changes and highlight the ones we expect to see here.

Two Engines Now, Maybe More Later

Most Audi Q5s sold in the past year were delivered with the standard turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, and we expect the same to be true in the future. But a V-6 will remain on the options sheet. The 3.2-liter V-6 will be phased out of the Audi lineup at the end of the year, and in its place the Q5 will offer the company’s ubiquitous supercharged 3.0-liter V-6. An eight-speed automatic remains the only transmission available.

The 3.0T—the T stands for Tsupercharged—is tuned to a few different power outputs, and Audi hasn’t yet announced which version will be in our Q5. We expect it’ll match the numbers for the base Q7, though, at 280 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. A hotter 3.0T could power an S version of the Q5, but there’s no guarantee such a model would be available in the U.S.

A diesel engine also should be available for the Q5 in the next 18 months, based on a timeline laid out last year by Johan de Nysschen, the company’s U.S. president. We’re still not sure which engine it’ll be: Four-cylinder and V-6 diesels both are offered in the European Q5. The four-banger makes more sense from a fuel-economy standpoint, though, and that’s why Mercedes soon will sell a four-cylinder GLK250 diesel here.

Finally, don’t be shocked if Audi offers us the option of a Q5 hybrid. A gasoline-electric Q5 has been on sale in Europe for about a year—you can read our drive of one here—and the time may be right for a U.S. launch.

Carspotting

Only the most savvy automotive sleuths will easily spot the cosmetic changes for the 2013 Q5, which mostly bring the face into line with the rest of Audi’s lineup. The headlights look more like those on the recently refreshed A4 and feature xenon lights wrapped around the edges. Vertical chrome slats have been added to the Q5’s grille for a proper locomotive-like appearance.

Alterations to the Q5’s interior are so minor that if you’re able to pick up on them, you probably have a career ahead of you detecting counterfeit currency for the FBI. We do know that the car will pack Audi’s latest infotainment gadgetry, including Audi Connect internet connectivity.

Final U.S.-model specifications and information will arrive closer to its on-sale date later this year.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is that a thin Chrome piece above the side sills? C'mon Audi. This thing already has enough bling.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Heresy64
Heh, still has the "Mystery Pocket" in the passenger footwell.
I'm fairly certain that is for an umbrella.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

More info and a slew of pictures (including LED front/rear night time pics) here: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11204254...evealed-videos

No S-line info/pics yet though.

-tgt

Quick Reply: The 2013 Q5 revealed