Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Buying Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
Really interesting thinking. What you say that Audi has waited more than two and a half years to carry out a recall for water pumps. When individuals are sued for any inconvenience they experienced with car Q5 because water pumps have decided on the recall would not have experienced something worse.
Type in the Google "2.0TFSI oil consumption" and read the first 30 links then say what you think about oil consumption.
For your information post I see that do not know are the not same engines: 2.0TFSI in the VW and Audi is not the same ones as the engine of the year winner for 2005-8. (EA113)
Q5 2.0TFIS is EA888
Only 2.0TFSI engine has a problem with oil consumption.
Engine 1.4TFSI, 1.8TFSI, 3.0TFSI 3.2 FSI do not have that problem

So much knowledge about your engine.
Spijun
We all understand you have a consumption problem with your 2.0 TFSI, you made that clear more than once in this form as well as other places http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php?/t...advice-please/

But this is not a common problem on that engine. You do read about it a lot because people write only when they have problems. The vast majority don't have that problem, and i for one will not start a thread in a forum saying (My 2.0 TFSI has no problem??!!)

Yes the EA888 is not the Engine of the Year winner 2005-2008, it is the Engine of the year winer 2009 and 2nd award in 2010

VW is using this engine (Albeit with different tuning & settings) in so many cars of its range (Audi A4, A4 Allroad, A5, A5 Sportback, A6, Q5, S3, VW Scirocco, Jetta, Passat, Tiguan, Golf, Seat Leon, Cupra R, Exeo, Skoda Octavia RS)
http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyea...s_10/18_2.html

Peace

Last edited by the-oneil; 03-24-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So does Q5's 2.0T engine eats engine oil? I've been driving a Passat B6 for 5 years and yes, it does eat a lot...
Old 03-24-2011, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by the-oneil
Spijun
We all understand you have a consumption problem with your 2.0 TFSI, you made that clear more than once in this form as well as other places http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php?/t...advice-please/

But this is not a common problem on that engine. You do read about it a lot because people write only when they have problems. The vast majority don't have that problem, and i for one will not start a thread in a forum saying (My 2.0 TFSI has no problem??!!)

Yes the EA888 is not the Engine of the Year winner 2005-2008, it is the Engine of the year winer 2009 and 2nd award in 2010

VW is using this engine (Albeit with different tuning & settings) in so many cars of its range (Audi A4, A4 Allroad, A5, A5 Sportback, A6, Q5, S3, VW Scirocco, Jetta, Passat, Tiguan, Golf, Seat Leon, Cupra R, Exeo, Skoda Octavia RS)
http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyea...s_10/18_2.html

Peace
Super to have no problem with oil consumption.
I have not said anywhere that we all have a problem but a lot of different forums people complain about oil consumption.

Previous post is just a response to Mr. wclepse
Please read this post:
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php?/t...000-km-review/
Old 03-24-2011, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Really interesting thinking. What you say that Audi has waited more than two and a half years to carry out a recall for water pumps. When individuals are sued for any inconvenience they experienced with car Q5 because water pumps have decided on the recall would not have experienced something worse.
Type in the Google "2.0TFSI oil consumption" and read the first 30 links then say what you think about oil consumption.
For your information post I see that do not know are the not same engines: 2.0TFSI in the VW and Audi is not the same ones as the engine of the year winner for 2005-8. (EA113)
Q5 2.0TFIS is EA888
Only 2.0TFSI engine has a problem with oil consumption.
Engine 1.4TFSI, 1.8TFSI, 3.0TFSI 3.2 FSI do not have that problem

So much knowledge about your engine.

P.S. When the car factory easily recognized their mistakes quickly collapsed. Just think how TOYOTA any accidents and how many people died that they would admit a mistake for which they knew.

wclepse why do not you write me where you're from the city, state,
brand and type of drive her car

Why hide it
Spijun, you have less than 50 posts and I would imagine most if not all are in threads to bash the car. And not only do you bash the car you are outright venomous to anyone that doesn't agree with you that the 2.0T sucks. Sure your experience is horrible and no one is doubting that your car burns oil but the fact is there are a whole lot of people on this forum alone that have 2.0T and do not have the issues you have.

Again doing a google search proves nothing...no one is contesting that some cars have problems and as I stated in my original post most people will go out of their way to bad mouth something but do very little when it is just as they want.

As for a recall, I never said Audi was voluntarily recalling these cars, I just remember reading some postings about people forcing Audi's hand and were told by a tech that they had done several piston ring jobs. With that said, while I do not know everything about these engines I thought I read that they shared the same block and pistons. So if this is were the trouble lies the problem would be throughout the product line not just limited to Audi.

Also for you information I do not own a 2.0T so I have no vested interest in touting its superiority. My wife drives a B5 A4 (1.8T), I drive a Subaru Legacy GT. I am lurking this forum because I am thinking of purchasing a Q5. While I realize I could end up with a motor that eats oil I think the chances are fairly low. My main concern with this engine and many new engines is with carbon buildup.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wclepse
Again doing a google search proves nothing...
Bingo! Couldn't agree more. Just because you get a lot of hits on a problem doesn't mean it's widespread as you don't necessarily have a decent sample size of 2.0T owners chiming in on whether they have a problem or not.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default oil

My father has a 2009 A4 with a 2.0T. Says it takes about 1/2 qt of oil every 5K miles.

Any other rumored, or verified, changes coming in 2012, besides the hybrid?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by wclepse
Spijun, you have less than 50 posts and I would imagine most if not all are in threads to bash the car. And not only do you bash the car you are outright venomous to anyone that doesn't agree with you that the 2.0T sucks. Sure your experience is horrible and no one is doubting that your car burns oil but the fact is there are a whole lot of people on this forum alone that have 2.0T and do not have the issues you have.

Again doing a google search proves nothing...no one is contesting that some cars have problems and as I stated in my original post most people will go out of their way to bad mouth something but do very little when it is just as they want.

As for a recall, I never said Audi was voluntarily recalling these cars, I just remember reading some postings about people forcing Audi's hand and were told by a tech that they had done several piston ring jobs. With that said, while I do not know everything about these engines I thought I read that they shared the same block and pistons. So if this is were the trouble lies the problem would be throughout the product line not just limited to Audi.

Also for you information I do not own a 2.0T so I have no vested interest in touting its superiority. My wife drives a B5 A4 (1.8T), I drive a Subaru Legacy GT. I am lurking this forum because I am thinking of purchasing a Q5. While I realize I could end up with a motor that eats oil I think the chances are fairly low. My main concern with this engine and many new engines is with carbon buildup.
I agree with you part of the comments.
For your information I was the owner of the models: Audi 80 1990,Audi A4 2006 and 2008. The A4 1.8TFSI and have never spent oil. Moved about 30,000 km per year and the only problem that I had a petrol pump and the 2008 model year.
My friend has an A4 1.8TFSI 2010 years and has no problem with oil consumption.
From reliable sources (the engineer who works in the Audi), the biggest problem of oil consumption engines 2.0TFSI refers to urban driving.
On the open road has no oil consumption or through a small, but in urban conditions is especially evident in conditions where a large traffic jam.
Of course Audi has the instructions written in the book that is a normal to the 0.5l engine consumes oil at 1000 km and thus distances itself from possible complaints of the owner.
For me it's not normal for the 10,000 km I pour more oil 5L
I am disappointed with this engine because the Audi is a premium class car.
If I bought a Hyundai or Kia would not be angry (of course, paid less than twice the Audi)
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with you part of the comments.
For your information I was the owner of the models: Audi 80 1990,Audi A4 2006 and 2008. The A4 1.8TFSI and have never spent oil. Moved about 30,000 km per year and the only problem that I had a petrol pump and the 2008 model year.
My friend has an A4 1.8TFSI 2010 years and has no problem with oil consumption.
From reliable sources (the engineer who works in the Audi), the biggest problem of oil consumption engines 2.0TFSI refers to urban driving.
On the open road has no oil consumption or through a small, but in urban conditions is especially evident in conditions where a large traffic jam.
Of course Audi has the instructions written in the book that is a normal to the 0.5l engine consumes oil at 1000 km and thus distances itself from possible complaints of the owner.
For me it's not normal for the 10,000 km I pour more oil 5L
I am disappointed with this engine because the Audi is a premium class car.
If I bought a Hyundai or Kia would not be angry (of course, paid less than twice the Audi)
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.
My Q5 2.0T has 7000 miles now. And I haven't added any oil since my last 5K miles service. So there u go! You are just the unlucky one who has a car that eats LOTS of oil. Sorry for your loss and yes we all got it by now that you have that problem. Let's move on. I'm just sick and tired to hear your ranting over and over on this SAME issue on every topics in this forum!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Houstonmobilian
My Q5 2.0T has 7000 miles now. And I haven't added any oil since my last 5K miles service. So there u go! You are just the unlucky one who has a car that eats LOTS of oil. Sorry for your loss and yes we all got it by now that you have that problem. Let's move on. I'm just sick and tired to hear your ranting over and over on this SAME issue on every topics in this forum!
If you don't like don't read my posts
Make yourself a forum where you will choose who will and what to write.
If you are sick go to the doctor it is your problem.
If you are tired take a rest.
Enjoy life, do not you worry

Last edited by spijun; 03-25-2011 at 08:49 AM.